Fitting FMF Slip-on

3 replies to this topic
  • Strattos

Posted September 15, 2008 - 11:26 PM

Apologies if the information i'm about to ask for has been provided before. I've been scouring the posts and can't find what i'm looking for.

I've just purchased a 4.1 slip-on and want to know if it's necessary to put any exhaust sealant between the joints at slip-on/mid-pipe, and mid-pipe/header?

Also, for those who've bought them, do you use the stock mounting bolts that come with the bike or did you get provided with some with the slip-on? Mine came without.

• KennyMc

Posted September 16, 2008 - 10:21 AM

My FMF Powercore slip-on came with a sleeve which fit very tight. No sealant required. '07 WR450.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • KJ790

Posted September 16, 2008 - 10:32 AM

No sealant is required as long as it doesn't leak there. If you find it leaks then pull it off and put a little high temp silicone on it. I believe the Factory 4.1 should come with a different bolt for the mount on the can. The bolt on the midpipe is the same, but the bolt for the mount on the can should be shorter.

• Strattos

Posted September 16, 2008 - 03:35 PM

Thanks guys. I think i'm missing the bolt for the can. Might go looking to see if I missed it in the packaging.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.