my valves be stickin'

2 replies to this topic
  • cjohnson

Posted June 15, 2002 - 01:34 PM

Has anyone had problems with exhaust valves sticking.My 02 wr426 has a stuck valve under the decompression release. The decompression lever is returning evertime, but the valve aint. Any thoughts?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • vtfootball79

Posted June 15, 2002 - 01:39 PM

when did you buy the bike? if you bought in the last thirty days and haven't done anything unnatural it's still under warrantee, ie free valve fix becuase stuck valves are a flaw in construction, unless you did someting wrong witht it. either way, just bring it in to the shop, if you don't know what to do, u'll just probbably cause more damage

• cjohnson

Posted June 15, 2002 - 02:01 PM

I wish I had just bought it 30 days ago, its about 6 months old. I have been tring to figure out why its been backfiring. Thougt it was a jetting at first, now I only wish it was.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.