setting up my wr for racing.

2 replies to this topic
  • Vinny2692

Posted September 15, 2008 - 04:36 PM

well, im finally getting a chance to race my 04' wr 450. Ill be racing in 2 weeks so i guess i have some time to get this figured out. It will be a GNCC style race (part woods, part MX), and i am VERY concerned about my suspension setup. The track it is at has some pretty deep whoops, and a fairly large uphill triple, and so far it seems like my suspension can barely handle even the smallest jumps. So i guess i am looking for setup tips for my suspension mostly, any other tips would be apreciated though.
thanks. :excuseme:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MaxPower

Posted September 15, 2008 - 05:13 PM

[COLOR="Green"]Factory Connection did my forks and shock.I loved the suspension on my bike
I didnt like the weight
Since you only have 2 weeks and wont have time to send it out, make sure your sag is set right and start turning the clickers in.

Posted Image

• tribalbc

Posted September 15, 2008 - 05:53 PM

Bike resprung for your weight ? You can play with fork oil level's and your clickers.
I guess you've had the bike long enough that everything else is set to your liking ?
Armoured ?
Could change the brake fluid if you haven't recently.
Good tires for conditions, everything on bike tight, clean and smooth. Something like a bit of a rough clutch pull will kill you in a 3hr race.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.