03 vs 07 wr450 wheelies

7 replies to this topic
  • coloradobrad

Posted September 15, 2008 - 01:18 PM

It seems easier to wheelie my 03 than my 07. I wonder if this is a low-end power issue or center of gravity thing.

Anyone else notice this?

• Mtn-Track

Posted September 15, 2008 - 01:46 PM

Mine was a serious pig until I got it jetted right. Now it'll torque over backwards real quick if your not paying attention when you twist of the throttle!:excuseme:

• JSanfilippo

Posted September 15, 2008 - 01:47 PM

The '03s had higher compression and hotter cams. They have more bottom and hit harder than the '05+.

Still, even with the stock pipe/PMB insert I had no problems wheelieing my WR and I suck at anything that requires talent on the bike. The '07 YZ header/E2 muffler combo made the frontend lighter still :excuseme:

• erickdj

Posted September 15, 2008 - 03:01 PM

I suck at anything that requires talent on the bike.

Trust him on that, I've seen it first hand. :excuseme: :lol: :excuseme:

How about some EF riding on Oct 4th Joe? I've been given some "clues" about the location of the "hole".

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JSanfilippo

Posted September 15, 2008 - 06:04 PM

How about some EF riding on Oct 4th Joe? I've been given some "clues" about the location of the "hole".

I dunno about EF:excuseme: It needs some rain before it can be fun. Too f:censored:in' silty up there right now.

• erickdj

Posted September 15, 2008 - 09:55 PM

I dunno about EF:excuseme: It needs some rain before it can be fun. Too f:censored:in' silty up there right now.

I prefer to see it as another side to the EF experience, the terrain/difficulty is quite different from winter time there. Don't be afraid to get a little dusty, that's what the "hole" is for.

• JSanfilippo

Posted September 15, 2008 - 10:27 PM

I prefer to see it as another side to the EF experience, the terrain/difficulty is quite different from winter time there. Don't be afraid to get a little dusty, that's what the "hole" is for.

I've been there when its dusty. Its like seeing that hot chick you met at a party on friday night on sunday morning with no makeup on. :excuseme:

• erickdj

Posted September 16, 2008 - 12:59 PM

I've been there when its dusty. Its like seeing that hot chick you met at a party on friday night on sunday morning with no makeup on. :excuseme:

Don't be so picky, dust won't kill you. I don't remember clear creek being very "loamy", probably saw more dust there than any other place I've been to. Silty and rocky terrain has it's challenging side to it. As long as I'm on a bike I'll ride anywhere. :excuseme: :lol:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.