chain lube???

7 replies to this topic
  • zaxcar1

Posted September 15, 2008 - 06:09 AM

i have a none o-ring chain and i have been using tri-flow and it dosent seem to hold up for trail rides. i tried some bellray stuff, thats i found out was more for road bikes. so whats good to use?

• clutchless

Posted September 15, 2008 - 10:32 AM

i use maxima crystal clear chain lube.

it works well for me.

• BASSic

Posted September 15, 2008 - 12:48 PM

I use Bel-Ray Super Clean chain lube, and it works well. It's not messy and doesn't attract grit or grime. I sprayed some on prior to a ride in some muddy slop. When I cleaned the bike off that night, the dirt rinsed off and the chain was still coated with the lube.

The trick with this stuff is to follow the instructions and let it set for 15 minutes before you ride. I've ridden immediately after spraying it, and had it fling off because the solvent didn't have time to evaporate.

• grayracer513

Posted September 15, 2008 - 01:36 PM

I've ridden immediately after spraying it, and had it fling off because the solvent didn't have time to evaporate.

Too many people overlook this simple fact, and then they complain about the lube flying off. Think ahead. Lube your chain AT LEAST an hour before you ride. I lube mine the night before.

The trick with this stuff is to follow the instructions

:lol: :excuseme:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • zaxcar1

Posted September 15, 2008 - 06:26 PM

my bell ray is the bell ray chain lube with exclusive molyphos additve for o ring and competition chains. when i used it it was on for over a hour and when i rode the trails it wore off after half the ride. when i went to the web sight it said for more road bike. with o ring chains.

• Slinkyman16

Posted September 15, 2008 - 07:24 PM

maxima crystal clear.. syn version.. works prett good.. dosnt evap as well as i like but does clean up well and is great to use.

• Justin89

Posted September 15, 2008 - 08:28 PM

I use the Honda chain lube...now it's called "Original" chain lube...it comes out clear and dosen't leave any grime behind.:excuseme:

• AZ Thumpdaddy

Posted September 16, 2008 - 03:05 AM

I also use the Honda HP chain lube with Moly in the black can (used to be red) for both o-ring and non o-ring chains. Dirt does not stick to it and it does not fling off once dry. I usually apply the night before a ride.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.