new to the site

4 replies to this topic
  • jasonbrady

Posted September 14, 2008 - 05:50 PM

First off love the site.... now on to business, I just purchased a 2005 wr450f awesome bike, last bike i had was a yz250 i think it was a 89, it was fast, but this thing is fassssst. i am doing a street conversion, turn signals brake light, horn. I purchased a k&S switch 2 sets of amber led turn signals, hydraulic brake light switch. i have the brake light hooked up and ready to wire the handle bar switch, does anyone have a diagram, I know the package has the color code, but i just want to make sure. Thanks for any help.

• tweav

Posted September 14, 2008 - 11:08 PM

here's the factory yamaha wiring ds wiring diagram for a 04 wr 450 it may help you.

Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tweav

Posted September 14, 2008 - 11:12 PM

baja design's new style turn switch with the red high/low button

Black w/ white stripe – Kill wire. Attach to stock kill wire that the stock kill button unplugs from.
Blue w/ white stripe – Kill wire ground. Attach to chassis ground (or factory wire that goes to chassis ground.)
Blue – Power in. Attach to fused DC power.
Red – Accessory power out. Hot in either of the two upper switch positions. Use to power taillight, turn signals, & horn.
Light Green – Power to low beam.
Yellow – Power to high beam.
Brown – Power to left turn signals.
Dark Green – Power to right turn signals.
Orange – Power to turn signal switch from flasher relay.
Pink – Horn wire. Attach to one side of horn.
Black – Ground for horn and high beam indicator. Attach to DC ground (not always chassis.)

• tweav

Posted September 14, 2008 - 11:18 PM

standard baja kit wiring

Attached Files

• jasonbrady

Posted September 16, 2008 - 12:28 PM

thanks for the help i will let you guys know how it goes!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.