cost of new plastics?

4 replies to this topic
  • soco3594

Posted September 14, 2008 - 05:34 PM

Hi again guys. Im thinking of registering the 426 to use as a daily commuter. None of the lights work and the speedo doesn't work. Anyway firstly I was thinking of getting a new rear fender with an LED tail light, possibly one from Acerbis and Ill prob get a new front fender while im at it. Does anyone know how much these are worth?

Also im in Australia if anyone knows where I might be able to get them

cheers

• fleshwoundracing

Posted September 14, 2008 - 05:57 PM

i would check ebay.my old shop (afterburnermx) used to do stuff on ebay.if not go to afterburnermx.com and look for em on there.they do free shipping on orders over $99 still i believe.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Birdy426

Posted September 15, 2008 - 01:25 AM

In us dollars, a YZ rear fender is about 20 bucks, a Baja Designs LED tail light (better part than the Acerbis, I think) is about 60 bucks, and a front fender is about 18 bucks. Bike Bandit, Rocky Mountian ATV and Chaparral Racing in the US should all ship internationally, but I imagine it's pretty pricey. Don't know abot the exchange rate between USD and AUD as well..

• DIX

Posted September 15, 2008 - 05:30 PM

If your just looking for a plate holder and tail light this one is great, and cheap 1/2 the price of the Bajadesigns one...

http://www.ufoplast....-holder/PP01218

It tucks neatly up in under the fender and the brake light is enough to illuminate the plate. I hate the look of a big monstorous thing stickin off the back fender. This is a neat little peice that does the trick. LED too!

For signals, I I mounted a set of flush mount marker lights to the side of the YZ style fender, which has already been mentioned is only about 20 bucks.

• soco3594

Posted September 15, 2008 - 05:47 PM

Yeah i stumbled across that the other day. UFO also do a complete plastics kit which I might look into. Not that there's too much wrong with the old ones they're just a bit discoloured and scratched in places and I want to tidy the bike up a bit.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.