2009 real world ride reports? Where they at?

4 replies to this topic
  • kyle450rider

Posted September 14, 2008 - 12:45 PM

Title says it all. I called the local yammie shop yesterday and they had 3 in stock. I know people have them. Do you think everyone is waiting to get a fuel inj. bike?

• ZMoney520

Posted September 15, 2008 - 05:35 AM

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=687293

here is the review I wrote a few weeks ago

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ga450owner

Posted September 15, 2008 - 11:08 AM

A YZ 09 ride report.....I rode one and it is basically like a 08. The power sux compared to my 06 but this was with a stock pipe on the 09. The suspension is really the biggest asset. The front is a little better than my modified 06 but not by much and it corners a little better, but slight. It soaks up everything nice but is undersprung for me. The brakes are a little better. I could tell no real difference in the fancy scmancy swingarm. The rear shock works great maybe a little better than a 08....I guess due to the new linkage/swingarm.
The 09 is a refined 06, 07 and 08...power is less and smoother than my 06. Suspension is the best of all 450s and it handles decent...I give it a 8 on a scale of 1-10.
2010 will be a completely new 450 for blue.

• Gerry B

Posted September 15, 2008 - 03:32 PM

I just bought an 09 YZ450. I just came off of an 08. It is basically the same as my 08 but I noticed the 09 does turns a little better especially in berms. Everything else is pretty much the same. Just my 2 cents.

• aggiemoto99

Posted September 16, 2008 - 12:22 PM

I just rode my buddies, had exactly 4 hours on it when I rode it, and everything was good.

Not much different that the previous years, but it is solid all around. I felt that the power in the low to mid was really lack luster....but if you twist the throttle to the stops...its hauls ass on the top end.....

good suspension, turns well, solid bike id say.

If you want to get more bottom...get a pipe. Stock it truly sounds like a trail bike.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.