02 426 parts compatability with 03 450

3 replies to this topic
  • niterider40

Posted September 14, 2008 - 05:24 AM

I have the chance to get a 426 with a bad motor for 1k, should I do this and maybe just keep it around maybe using parts for my 03 450? I wonder if most of the parts swap back and forth?

• maxtherat

Posted September 14, 2008 - 09:23 AM

I'm pretty sure a lot of the components should be compatible.Swing arm, shock, forks, wheels ect. How bad is the motor? Maybe it's worth fixing to have a backup bike or sell it and make a few hundred $.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • niterider40

Posted September 14, 2008 - 11:12 PM

yea, I'll try to fix it this winter. thanx for the advice.

• Birdy426

Posted September 15, 2008 - 12:58 AM

A grand seems a bit steep, though, for basically a "rolling chassis"...you can pick up fairly decent running 426's for two grand or less...

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.