Wr 426 breather hose

6 replies to this topic
  • soco3594

Posted September 14, 2008 - 03:05 AM

Hey guys sorry to flog a dead horse. I know its normal for my 426 to leak a bit of oil out of the breather hose, but how much is normal? After every ride, oil is scattered all around the back rim. Seems like im going through a bit of oil, not to mention the fact that it looks bad and Im tired of wiping it up every time I take it for a spin.

Anyway let me know what u guys think.

Cheers

• bluebreadtruck

Posted September 14, 2008 - 04:57 AM

a breather that is excessive is usually a early waring of a worn piston/rings...its increased blowby into the case. Check to see if you get oil smoke at wot.

• byggd

Posted September 14, 2008 - 04:58 AM

My 02 leaks just enough to make the skid plate wet and attract dirt :excuseme: but not enough to cause me to add oil between changes. You can route it to the air box or up in front of the gas tank with a waterproof filter on it. I've even read where some have extended it back so the drips oil the chain.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • soco3594

Posted September 14, 2008 - 06:19 AM

sorry mate what does wot mean? Yeah im thinking it might be time for a rebuild soon so maybe that's got something to do with it

• creeky

Posted September 14, 2008 - 06:59 AM

WOT-wide open throttle. Too much oil, even a little bit too much, in the crankcase will cause a lot of breather splooge.

• maxtherat

Posted September 14, 2008 - 09:03 AM

WOT-wide open throttle. Too much oil, even a little bit too much, in the crankcase will cause a lot of breather splooge.

My thoughts also. I put a barbed end, PVC 90 deg fitting on mine and it forces the oil straight down. It rests against the edge of the skid plate and it stays in place.

• soco3594

Posted September 14, 2008 - 05:13 PM

cheers thanks for your help guys ill get onto it

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.