F2 Jetting Kits

5 replies to this topic
  • kskyles

Posted September 11, 2008 - 08:35 PM

Has anyone here tried the F2 jetting kits? They claim to work from 0-10,000 feet.

I'm happy with my JD needles, but am still curious to how the F2 kit will compare.

• KennyMc

Posted September 11, 2008 - 08:44 PM

Has anyone here tried the F2 jetting kits? They claim to work from 0-10,000 feet.

I'm happy with my JD needles, but am still curious to how the F2 kit will compare.

Sorry, no help here. Just wanted to say I have the JDJetting kit and have ridden my bike from 2,000' to 9,986' (yes, exactly) with no problem at all. Very happy with it.

• William1

Posted September 12, 2008 - 03:10 AM

No jetting works over such a broad range. You still have to swap needles and mains to get the A/F right. For fun, take a look at this:
http://www.mergeraci...ra/RAD_calc.xls
and this:
http://www.mergeraci...andora/08-3.pdf

Punch in your current numbers, see what it returns.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • kskyles

Posted September 12, 2008 - 09:01 AM

Hey William1-

Thanks for the calculators. Those are cool.

I was really curious. My JD jetting works over a decent range. I ride at about 1200 feet, and take the bike to 7000-9000 feet with some performance drop.

I even wonder if EFI will solve those issues. I guess we'll see in a couple of years.

• William1

Posted September 12, 2008 - 10:34 AM

Typically, you can jet for a about a 2,000' variance and still have reasonble performance. Say you ride between 2,000' and 4,000'. What you do is jet perfectly for 3,000'. At 2,000', you will be a little lean, at 4,000', a little rich. You would be able to ride to 1,000' and to 5,000' but the air density change will be very noticable.

EFI will hlep, though it depends on the level of sophistication. However, you could have multiple fuel curves stored on a Palm Pilot or something and when you notice poor running due to altitude, USB the Palm to the bike and upload a new map in 30 seconds, with no gasoline on your hands or main jets that have fallen behind the coutershaft sprocket.

• honeycutt

Posted September 12, 2008 - 10:46 AM

I have the Powerback kit and the FastCap from them on my 07 WR450 and they work great. I got the adjustable needle, a couple of main jets and new pilot and adjustable air screw. They give you a jetting chart and will answer any questions you have. I have called them several times when I put an 08 YZ 450 exhaust on my bike and Dylan up there answered all my questions no problem. They are good people that seem to care and that is rare today!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.