Oil Filter Recommendations

7 replies to this topic
  • C-P

Posted September 11, 2008 - 08:33 AM

Ok, so it just dawned on me that i don't have to go to my dealer and pay 11.89 or whatever for a factory oil filter. I live like 30 mins from Dennis Kirk, so I'm curious if anyone else here has any experience with filters from Parts Unlimited, Hiflofiltro, etc - either recommendations or warnings to stay away. Also, are K&N actually worth the extra $$? Thanks!

• coloradobrad

Posted September 11, 2008 - 08:52 AM

I've always used the HiFlo filters. They are pretty inexpensive.

• matt4x4

Posted September 11, 2008 - 11:07 AM

I've had good results with the SS filters too - easy to clean, don't need replacing

• kingjewells

Posted September 11, 2008 - 12:50 PM

I use a stainless steal Flo Filter from PC Racing and am pleased with it. Its less expensive than some of the others but claims the same filtration capabilities.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • chevytrkn1

Posted September 11, 2008 - 07:01 PM

Ive used the hiflofilto(spell check) on many bikes and 4 wheelers. and using on my 07 wr 450 as well. No problems

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted September 11, 2008 - 07:42 PM

Ive used the hiflofilto(spell check) on many bikes and 4 wheelers. and using on my 07 wr 450 as well. No problems

i use the tusk filters and change it every time at 300 miles or asap after that when i do my oil change. i have almost 11k miles and she still runs strong :thumbsup:

• mightymart

Posted September 12, 2008 - 11:29 AM

Hi flo gets my vote too,

• drtbk4ever

Posted September 12, 2008 - 11:42 AM

Oh Come on Guys, get in the game and support the TT store.

$3.64 for the Hiflow filters.

http://shop.thumpert...t.asp?p=355&s=2

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.