07+ large tank

4 replies to this topic
  • madmick

Posted September 11, 2008 - 02:49 AM

a few weeks ago i saw a picture of two bikes 1 clarke and one ims side by side can anyone lead me back to this picture or have a picture of a clarke and ims tanks cheers

• tweav

Posted September 11, 2008 - 03:27 AM

My bike a ims tank and black plastics

Posted Image

also with blue

Posted Image

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ozwr

Posted September 13, 2008 - 05:26 AM

Have a look in here sunshine.

• madmick

Posted September 15, 2008 - 01:27 AM

• trailhead2004

Posted September 15, 2008 - 03:18 PM

Basically, the IMS is a bit smaller than the Clarke, 3.2(?) versus 3.6 gallons. The Clarke is about 2 or 3 inches taller but more importantly, it also blocks the rear side of the radiator a little bit more than the IMS.

Additionally, the IMS uses a bracket to attach the front of the tank behind the head tube. A minor inconvenience but still there.

Overall, I'm happy with my Clarke and my friend is happy with his IMS. I guess it really just comes down to whether you want a Clarke or an IMS.

Best of luck.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.