Idle Adjustment

3 replies to this topic
  • VOODOOCHILD

Posted September 10, 2008 - 06:56 PM

Is there a set amount of turns to start with when adjusting the idle. It's on a 98' YZ400F. Been messin with it and just want to start fresh. Manual doesn't really say and search didn't turn up anything specific. I'm just interested in the adjustment with the knob for now. Thanks for your time.

• grayracer513

Posted September 10, 2008 - 08:06 PM

Idle speed, or idle mixture?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • VOODOOCHILD

Posted September 10, 2008 - 08:18 PM

Idle Speed. Sorry , not very clear. Another quick question, Taffy mod worth it or is there a better way of doing the same thing just better? Thanks.

• grayracer513

Posted September 11, 2008 - 04:59 AM

I don't think there's a listed base adjustment for the idle speed. Just have to guess.

The idea of the Taffy Mod is similar to the BK mod for 426's. It's supposed to limit the length of the accelerator pump shot on the assumption that the bog is caused by too much fuel. It might be good to do, but I would get your bike back to "normal" first and go from there.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.