Stock 98 XR600 - basic performance recipe?

3 replies to this topic
  • trooper8

Posted January 01, 2003 - 06:36 AM

A friend just picked up a nice stock 98 XR600 (California) . Can you direct me to a site or FAQ on the basic performance todo's on this machine? You know the standard stuff that needs to be done like

Remove Snorkle
Jetting
Smog garbage
etc...

• XR/CRDave

Posted January 02, 2003 - 04:32 PM

I used to have a 95 XR600 that was done up pretty good, porting, FMF, suspension, etc... and I always went to Baja Designs and Precision Concepts for my work, these guys are XR experts and can set your friends bike up good. The best thing I did to mine was the suspension at Baja Designs. Check the internet or 411.
The best pipe I ran on mine was the FMF IV (I think that was the name) I had a supertrapp and before that I had the bigger exhaust tip which was almost as good a the supertrapp but the FMF was by far the best, my friend had the FMF megamax and it did not work that well, so don't get that one. Other than the above mods plus the normal mods, bars, pegs, etc... these bikes are pretty fun left alone, in fact sometimes I miss my 600 over my 00 xr650 for the comfort and cornering on high speed turns, I later learned the BRP needs to have the throttle on in the fast turns or it drifts. Good luck w/ the mods

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • stucknbaja

Posted January 03, 2003 - 06:48 PM

Baja Designs, like XR/CRDave said, is a good source of info and parts, and their number is 760-560-2252. When I first got my '95, I had no idea what to do to it, so I called them and over the years have just added to it using their advice. I had Precision Concepts do the suspension though. I don't know their number, but they are in El Cajon, Ca., and I think their website is precisionconceptsracing.com.

• Matt96xr6

Posted January 07, 2003 - 05:16 AM

You have to make sure that the California model's carb is not different from the 49 state model. Maybe that is the XRL only, I forget now.

But check with http://www.bajadesigns.com for info there.

For the rest of the hop ups: http://www.justxr.co...o/ssummers.html

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Supercross Preview 2017 Part 1: Championship Contenders by Chris Cooksey

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  148 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.