Need some opinions on my wr450f

4 replies to this topic
  • ak567

Posted September 10, 2008 - 12:59 PM

I picked this bike up and love it. Its now a supermoto conversion with wheels, fron caliper, turn signals, ASI removed jetted. 44t rear sproket for smaller wheels, super moto fender. I spoke before about it not being able to hold its charge, and i determined that the factory stator is not strong enough. Can anoyone point me in the direction for an aftermarket one or how to modd the stock. Also I was going to go up 2teeth on the rear and possibly -1tooth on the front and add a full exhaust(unsure of brand) with a filter and rejetted. Is this worth doing? any other worthy modds. Also I find her to be a little bit boggy in 2nd gear in times, too rich?

Heres a pic of what I have so far.:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• KennyMc

Posted September 10, 2008 - 01:05 PM

Here's how to "float the ground" on the stock stator. It will then put out ~120W. You will need a new rectifier/regulator and do some other stuff per their info.

http://www.bajadesig... Stator Mod.pdf

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tweav

Posted September 10, 2008 - 06:40 PM

I still have a few unmodded parts on my wr . I did do the baja designs stator mod to mine , It's been that way for nearly 6000 miles now. right now I'm running 13/45 gearing on my sm it tops out right around 100 mph or so . I'm not sure what you are using your bike for so all your mods will really depend on that . I got a rd power bowl to fix the bog but really all you need is the o-ring mod and to swap the leak jet enough to get it right . I got tired of pulling the bike apart so I just got the adjustable jet and a zip tie air/fuel screw . now I only really play with the main jet now and then. You might want to get a steering damper too . head shake sucks at 100 . I did a tripple clamp to make it steer faster . I have a 20mm offset I saw a guy post about how great his 12 mm offset is. I have a fmf pipe on my bike but my rear tire hit it until I modded the pipe . I would say get a graves motosports pipe for your bike it will fit a supermoto'd right out of the box. also get one of their chain guide blocks for on your swingarm it will save you tires and chains.

• roushxteam199

Posted September 10, 2008 - 06:56 PM

i just changed my rear to a 44. I have the stator mod done to my 03 450 also. i have over 2000 miles now with no problems at all

• ak567

Posted September 12, 2008 - 12:31 PM

Y ea that stator mod will have to be done for sure. What about valve adjustments? After how long should I get them checked. The dirt bike scene is all new to me, I usually lean over an inline 4 lol.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.