Part number for AIS kit

6 replies to this topic
  • Regalman

Posted September 10, 2008 - 09:13 AM

OK, this time I actually did search... albeit probably not well enough.

What is the part number for the AIS kit?

Also, going to buy the bike today... is there any other must have parts that I should roll into the loan?

• LFTOVR07WR450

Posted September 10, 2008 - 09:53 AM

The part # for the AIS Removal kit is GYT-5TJ93-69-01

You may also consider the GYT-R Performance WR Muffler Insert # GYT-5TJ93-75-01 (Promotobillet also makes a good one), engine and radiator guards and maybe some Cycra Pro-Bend handshields. I am just getting started with this bike as well, so I am sure there are other "must haves" that I do not know about yet!

• Regalman

Posted September 10, 2008 - 09:58 AM

I have a DRZ and will be stealing the good bits off it, like my cycra handgaurds and scotts damper.

I wonder if the dealer can order any decent rad gaurds? I want unibikers, but I have a feeling the dealer won't be able to get them.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • William1

Posted September 10, 2008 - 12:30 PM

Do not get the Yamaha AIS kit, get the one from F2 Racing. Much nicer setup.
Then, a James Dean Jet kit, Merge Racing or James Dean fuel screw. I also strongly suggest the Merge Racing AP spring.
If you are getting a 08 or newer WR, also get the Merge Racing Adjustable leak jet. Pulling the carb on the alloy frams sux. This will make it a one time deal.

• Regalman

Posted September 11, 2008 - 07:09 AM

Wish you wouldn't have had your sammich break early yesterday... already have the yamaha kit on order.

• William1

Posted September 11, 2008 - 07:20 AM

LOL, unfortunately, yesterday, I had to go into my office, a once a month trek to justify the absurd amount they pay me.

• JSanfilippo

Posted September 11, 2008 - 11:57 AM

LOL, unfortunately, yesterday, I had to go into my office, a once a month trek to justify the absurd amount they pay me.

Thats a good problem to have though :thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.