imperfection in extended fuel screw

6 replies to this topic
  • xorron5

Posted September 10, 2008 - 05:26 AM

HI, I bought an extended fuel screw brand DICE and at side of the screw is
an round shape dot without no paint or polish(lets call it paint,meaning rest of the thing is red and this part u can see metal)
i went back to the shop to change it but guess what the remaining ones in the store had the same flaw...question is will a thing like that have any difference in the real world...i think not but cince carbs are sencitive eguipments ???.......the "dent" is at the upper part of the nail chape size of around 2 x1 mm...:thumbsup:

• grayracer513

Posted September 10, 2008 - 05:52 AM

The part of the screw that does the metering is the tip. If the flaw is not within 5mm of the tip, it should be of no consequence. The tip, however, should look as much like the stock screw as possible.

• matt4x4

Posted September 10, 2008 - 06:54 AM

The dot you speak of...is it on the portion that protrudes at the bottom of the carb (once installed) where you would put your fingers to turn it? If so, it's a reference mark so you know how may turns you give it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • xorron5

Posted September 11, 2008 - 06:50 AM

The mark is about 7mm down from the top end of the needle shape...

• xorron5

Posted September 11, 2008 - 06:56 AM

no the bottom part where u turn it has numbers so that way u know the amount of turns made....and this mark looks like u woul take an sharp kniwe
and scrape the surfage..and its way up so when u install the screw u wount
for shure see anything of it...havent had change to test it yet still waiting for my newer bike so then i will install it..

• matt4x4

Posted September 11, 2008 - 11:24 AM

That won't interfere with the operation of it, if it's a scored in circle all around (like a groove), it might be for an o-ring that slips in there before install to helpkeep teh fuel screw in and not let it work it's way back out while riding.

• xorron5

Posted September 12, 2008 - 08:14 AM

No it isnt all around its an medium ackne sized dot...and it is not an symmetrical thing it is like it has got an hit on the side and loosed the paint and polish and u can see the core...but hey i found out when i try, and i can
bet 100 bucks that it doesent have any efect how so ewer....this thread got
to be a bit too much about an small mark...if i develop problems then its getting intresting but the time to put it in use just got delayed ....i heard to get my new bike after 4 weeks ....it was ment to come this or next week...
thanks for intrest fellow riders...:thumbsup:

Related Content

Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.