1986 XR600R Rear Shock

2 replies to this topic
  • oc919

Posted December 31, 2002 - 10:37 PM

On a recent ride, my stock shock on my 1986 XR600R died on me. Oil was leaking everywhere, but thankfully it was on the way back from the last ride. I am looking to see what a good shock would be to replace my stock shock. I am considering both after-market shocks as well as stock shocks from compatible bikes.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

oc919

1972 CL350
1986 XR600R
1988 NT650 Hawk
2002 919

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ed_Buratti

Posted January 02, 2003 - 02:27 AM

You may have already considered this, but you might be better off sending the shock to a shop. I used Factory Connection for mine (2001 XR650L). They valved it perfectly for my weight, so for a price that might be even less than a new shock, you'll get a new one that's set up for you.

• BajaBoundMoto

Posted January 02, 2003 - 07:43 AM

I have a couple brand new XR600 shocks and a couple that are very slightly used. They are for the newer model 600s (something like '91-'00) and I'm not exactly sure if they will fit an '86.
If you decide to get a new (or almost new) one then let me know.

Tim

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

Would a Young Scott Summers still be Competitive today on an XR600R? What would he ride to be competitive today? by Jayzonk

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  158 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.