Will a 05 wr450 exhaust fit my 99 wr400?

13 replies to this topic
  • RACEANYTHING

Posted September 08, 2008 - 04:51 PM

Saw a 05' WR450 stock exhaust at a fleemarket and would like to put the light weight aluminum exhaust on my 99' wr400. Does anyone know if it will fit?

• matt4x4

Posted September 09, 2008 - 03:38 AM

You can likely make it fit - I believe on the slip on silencer the bolt does not line up perfectly with the subframe mount - anything 03 and older fits the 99's without modification

• jim-in-so-ore

Posted September 09, 2008 - 05:45 AM

i have a 05 wr muffler on my 03 wr 450. It fit perfectly without any modifications. Before that I had an 02 wr426 muffler on my 99 wr400. I think that it will work without any mods.
Jim

• spencergt66

Posted December 23, 2008 - 12:52 PM

my 98 wr 400 has a 07 wr muffler on it and works fine im replacing it though with a white brothers e sires, its just too quiet for me but the header is the stock 98 wr thats the way i got the bike not sure if anything was done to change the can

• SXP

Posted December 23, 2008 - 01:13 PM

my 98 wr 400 has a 07 wr muffler on it and works fine im replacing it though with a white brothers e sires, its just too quiet for me but the header is the stock 98 wr thats the way i got the bike not sure if anything was done to change the can

Really? I tried lining up my 07 muffler on my 99, and with the cannister bolted on (rear) the mid-pipe bolt hole does not line up with the bolt hole in the lower sub frame (about 2 inches apart) and the mouth of the mid-pipe stops about 2 inches short of the FMF head pipe on the bike :busted:

• spencergt66

Posted December 23, 2008 - 01:31 PM

well let me just say that i just got the bike and i havent realy torn into it at all there are a coupple of things i need to take care of before i would ride it but the guy i got it from told me that the muffler was off of a 07 mind you this guy reused alot of worthless parts and bubblegummed alot of things togather so i will have to look at "how" he made it work and if its anything like everything he did to the bike its half assed but the exhaust is solid and looks clean and no leaks so i guess i shouldnt complain about that

• SXP

Posted December 23, 2008 - 01:47 PM

well let me just say that i just got the bike and i havent realy torn into it at all there are a coupple of things i need to take care of before i would ride it but the guy i got it from told me that the muffler was off of a 07 mind you this guy reused alot of worthless parts and bubblegummed alot of things togather so i will have to look at "how" he made it work and if its anything like everything he did to the bike its half assed but the exhaust is solid and looks clean and no leaks so i guess i shouldnt complain about that

My guess would be that he used some kind of bracket to attach the cannister to the rear mounting point on the upper sub-frame. Peek under the right side number plate and see if the cannister mounting hole is lined up exactly over the sub-frame bolt hole, or is there is some kind of bracket/adapter being used.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • spencergt66

Posted December 23, 2008 - 01:50 PM

I will surely look as soon as i get back form job later this week (im out of town for work) but Ill let you know and post some pics too im kinda curious now too

• SJMC_DON

Posted December 23, 2008 - 02:24 PM

I put an 04' (Canadian) exh on my 99 400, all I had to do was slightly elongate the rear mounting hole on the can to line up with the sub frame.. took about 30seconds with a drill bit :busted:

• doctorchopper

Posted December 26, 2008 - 03:44 PM

I put an 05 stock wr pipe on a 2001 wr426, bolted straight on,

• spencergt66

Posted December 26, 2008 - 04:11 PM

heres some pics of the exhaust that came on my wr doesnt look like realy anything was done just an elongated mount and a fender washer i like the bike just needs a coupple of things what i need is some decent graphics for the bike but i cant find any, does anyone know where i can get some but for 1000 bucks i can't complain

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• spencergt66

Posted January 10, 2009 - 06:12 PM

ok fyi i just bought a white brother e sires exhaust off an 03 wr 450 and bolted right on to my 98 wr 400 used the stock header due to the damaged white brothers header but had no problems bolting it right on took about 5 minuets may need to adjust exhaust or jetting but sounds way better

• FOXCHARLIE

Posted December 22, 2012 - 03:30 AM

I have a 2000 wr400 and wanting to know will a 07 WR450 header pipe fit my bike?

• MaxPower

Posted December 23, 2012 - 11:14 AM

no

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.