2 replies to this topic

Posted February 09, 2001 - 08:18 AM

hey all ,,i just picked up my 99 wr400
what a beast!,,,is it just me or are they a bitch to start??,,,its ok when its warm but i'm dreading tommorow morning booting it from cold,,right i know this has been discussed lots before but can someone tell me what the best tire is for more on than off road ,,i am in the uk and until i get settled in my new area i'll be using it for a toy ie on road etc .does anyone have a recommendation??.,,,other than that i'm glad to be a proud owner of a blue beast,,,

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Taffy

Posted February 10, 2001 - 03:21 AM

you want a closed tread pattern for lots of roadwork. don't expect any grip down those green lanes though. someone's selling a pair of YZ wheels in the back of TBM for £300 this month.

you can do hundreds of miles on a front MX but you'll shoot the back in under 300 miles. so i'd consider buying a rear wheel only. you can also put a smaller rear sprocket on your road wheel which will gear it up for the open road's.

• Andy_Baker

Posted February 12, 2001 - 01:26 PM

Qualcast - ummmm strange name !
I tried to e-mail you but without success - where abouts in the u.k are you ? I am in the midlands , and we have quite a few ride outs - normally every other weekend. If you are anywhere near us and fancy a ride you can e-mail me at abaker@ic24.net

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.