YZ450F 2003 Problems please help first bike

7 replies to this topic
  • chattymatty101

Posted September 07, 2008 - 12:15 AM

Hi all first off sorry for my bad grammar:) I brought a 2003 YZ450 i paid 4.6 for it i got ripped i think first bike for me ever only ever riden 250's/125's. Ok problem is i got it from shop yesterday i couldn;t start it properly not knowing the correct way to start the bike i still dont quite know:( i took it for a ride for half hour today i never noticed this at the shop but where the kick starter is behind that was all welded and dodgy up to sell it im guessing well i got half hour and made a funy noise so i stoped the bike imedietly and seen oil everywhere the weld they done had cracked and when i say cracked i mean CRACKED 6mm easy gap can c right through to the kick starter first of all i want to ask can a bike shop sell a bike like that and where do i stand and second is it a big job to replace that part im really new to bikes ima noob any help would be greatly appreciated.... sorry again for bad grammer ima painter not a lawer:) thanks thumperfolks

• One2nine

Posted September 07, 2008 - 03:52 AM

If you bought it from a shop, I would take that thing back as soon as possible.

• DMC707

Posted September 07, 2008 - 12:48 PM

Take it back immediately

• William1

Posted September 07, 2008 - 12:52 PM

I am sure everyone will disagree :thumbsup: with me but take it back immediately. for what you paid it should be perfect

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Michael Cahill

Posted September 08, 2008 - 10:04 AM

thats BS if their tryin to sell you a piece of SHI* like that! :busted:
and hiding it too! :worthy:

tell them to take their @%&* back and you want your money back!!!
dont be shy about it!! :thumbsup:

they noticed you weren't super experienced, and tried to sell it to you without letting you know of a MAJOR problem!

• hillclimbguy

Posted September 09, 2008 - 12:36 AM

Listen to these guys. Take it back and demand service or money back. Thats a bunch of crap what they are trying to get away with.

• chattymatty101

Posted September 11, 2008 - 10:46 AM

Hey again guys you were all right thanks very much i got my dad in there and he had to threaten him to get his money back but at least i got it so thanks very much for all your replies greatly appreciated

• matt4x4

Posted September 11, 2008 - 11:20 AM

While you're at it - since you got your money back - you should be able to find either a newer bike private sale for the same money or an 03 for a lot less private.

Related Content

WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.