Need Some Help!

3 replies to this topic
  • dewercs

Posted September 06, 2008 - 08:07 PM

Ok, this is a model specific question so please don't move this thread. I'm a 250/450 B rider that is a pretty good mechanic and my suspenion is set up with proper sag and a reasonable set up, the suspenion is stock but well maintained. I ride a 07 yz250f and 07 yz450f, I'm having more of a problem with the 450. Last season I had no problem at all and the bike handled like is was on rails. This year when I turn into a turn and start to lean the bike the front tire is breaking loose, I ride on intermediate to hard pack dirt, I hav used bridgestone intr. and hard pack, and maxxis intermediate and hard pack tire with a wide variety of tire psi settings... in other words I have been testing! What I don't get is nothing has changed from last season except I have been changing tires and psi settings to try to find some grip. I'm open to any suggestions. I reviewed video footage of my rideing and my form and body position looks good and is the same it was last year. I had a couple thoughts of fork oil hieght may be to high or taking out a little sag to put more wieght on the front wheel, but it is the same as last year. Sorry for the long post, and advice is greatly appreciated!!

Also what front tire are you guys using?

Thanks
Charlie

• Desracer

Posted September 06, 2008 - 09:04 PM

Check for pressure build up in the fork legs? The front end skids its to stiff.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dewercs

Posted September 07, 2008 - 07:45 AM

I have been bleeding the air before each moto.

• DAVID146

Posted September 07, 2008 - 08:16 AM

Check The Rear Nitro Level Or Rebuild Both Front And Back You May Have A Oil Breakdown Or Some Broke Parts In The Front.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.