Anyone Ever Repair Their Radiator???

10 replies to this topic
  • DansDR

Posted September 06, 2008 - 04:07 PM

Any of you guys know if there is a way to fix a pin hole in a radiator? I know I could send it out but I figured i'd check here to see if anyone has devised their own way to fix one.

• brad the best

Posted September 06, 2008 - 06:29 PM

with a high frequency tig welder . on copper rads i just solder them .

• DrzDasher

Posted September 07, 2008 - 05:43 PM

I have tried, just send to Mylers, good work and very fast, as long as you do not botch a repair attempt it should be pretty cheap, check there website or search their name very good shop

• face_plant

Posted September 08, 2008 - 12:27 PM

i got a buddy who used barrs stop leak and the crap worked

• skintback426

Posted September 08, 2008 - 01:40 PM

Pour some black pepper in it. Probably about a teaspoon or two...

It works on tractors and bulldozers. It may work on your bike. It is cheap, but I know for a fact it has worked for years in a few of our farm tractors. Still running them.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ThompsonV311

Posted September 08, 2008 - 07:23 PM

Or in a pinch on the trail you can mash up the tobacco from a cigarette into the radiator and it'll seal it right up.

• landlocked

Posted September 08, 2008 - 07:27 PM

JB Weld.

• bigredd

Posted September 08, 2008 - 07:29 PM

i used pepper in my old bike never had another leak after that

• WR_Dave

Posted September 08, 2008 - 07:58 PM

I used a product called Muggy-Weld on a cracked bottom rad tank a few years a go and it is still holding. I don't think you can beat Mylers though. :thumbsup: WR Dave

• Charles De Mar

Posted September 09, 2008 - 09:13 AM

Satisfied Mylers customer here:prof:

• Fryboy

Posted September 09, 2008 - 09:19 AM

Interesting I have never heard of the pepper trick. That may be worth adding some to the ole camelback.

I remember McGyver used a raw egg to patch up a radiator. Now granted this isn't a long term solution or a practical solution for that matter. How hard would it be to pack a raw egg and not break it during our ride?

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.