Wanted: 2 rear spokes. Inner? Outer?

4 replies to this topic
  • Thumper_Bloke

Posted September 05, 2008 - 09:58 AM

Hi guys,

Well, i found 2 broken spokes on my rear wheel 18" 2004 WR450 :thumbsup: ... The tip that is in the hub is missing. Spoke and nipple in the rim is still there.

If any of you have any, i will pay $ for cost and shipping.

I have found an online place that sells singles, but it asks for INNER or OUTER ? I don't know what that means.

The two that are broken are laced to the sprcket side of the rear hub.

Thank you. -Dave

• SJMC_DON

Posted September 05, 2008 - 10:35 AM

PM me with your address... I'll send you a couple. One of each.

They are excel with the cogged excel nipple but you should be able to just swap your nipples out... (sounds painful).

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Thumper_Bloke

Posted September 05, 2008 - 10:54 AM

OK, PM sent.

What's an INNER spoke, and what's an OUTER spoke? is one shorter than the other? The hub on the sprocket side is biggest, so those spokes should be the shorter of the two... but does that mean inner?

• SJMC_DON

Posted September 05, 2008 - 11:29 AM

OK, PM sent.

What's an INNER spoke, and what's an OUTER spoke? is one shorter than the other? The hub on the sprocket side is biggest, so those spokes should be the shorter of the two... but does that mean inner?

I always referred to them as right and left... I replied to your PM. I'll look at them tonight and send you another PM after comparing to my wheel... it's been a while since I used any of them, I think I had to replace some on my 04' when I had it.

I'll make sure that you get two for the sprocket side of the hub and clear up any confusion before they are sent:thumbsup:

• SJMC_DON

Posted September 05, 2008 - 07:41 PM

Dave -

It all came back to me after looking at the wheel. They are inner or outer:prof:

I sent you a PM with details.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.