2000 WR 400 restrictors

1 reply to this topic
  • EricZ

Posted June 13, 2002 - 06:51 PM

Other than the WR cam timing, throttle stop, exhaust baffle and airbox lid, what other restrictors are there on a 2000 WR? I looked for the throttle stop and can't find it. I'm not sure if it was removed or if a YZ model was put in it's place. I've heard something about a gray wire but I'm not sure what they are talking about.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Team_Oatmeal_Pie

Posted June 13, 2002 - 07:03 PM

Run a check for old posts on the throttle stop, I have a YK2 model too and had to remove the plastic cover on the side of the carb, to get a better look for the stop, it should be a black bolt with an allen head end. run the old posts check to get the length to cut it to. This is a must do, with out doing this mod the wr is weaker than an xr250. The bike is supposed to be run with out it.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.