wr 400 "free mods"

5 replies to this topic
  • bluebreadtruck

Posted September 04, 2008 - 04:40 PM

I know my bike may have been used hard, but it seems to run pretty strong.

I read about free mods you can do....do any of these pertain to the wr400?

• Birdy426

Posted September 04, 2008 - 08:41 PM

Yes. Throttle stop, air box lid, uncork the exhaust, grey wire...all apply and are probably already done...heck out www.thumperfaq.com for all the poop. While the site is for WR250s, the stuff is pretty much applicable to the 400s and 426s as well

• fix

Posted September 06, 2008 - 02:07 PM

I take it all the free mods are for US bikes only they wouldnt apply to bikes from other countries

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • wr 400 mikky

Posted September 07, 2008 - 05:22 AM

why not ? they`re all made in japan aren`t they,
i did all free mods to my wr 400 ,just rebuilt engine too,
by the way do not use dps racing -keithley, they suck,
my bike is uk, now in greece .

• fix

Posted September 07, 2008 - 07:36 AM

why not ? they`re all made in japan aren`t they,
i did all free mods to my wr 400 ,just rebuilt engine too,
by the way do not use dps racing -keithley, they suck,
my bike is uk, now in greece .

Yep thats what i thought but someone on here said only us bike have the grey wire etc,my bike isnt a uk model i guess its imported from Japan

I live in Bradford 15 miles from Keighley! I used dps for some fork seals on a previous bike and had no problems,though the guy i sold the bike to said dps were rubbish

• bluebreadtruck

Posted September 07, 2008 - 09:03 AM

I went looking at the bike and found a grey wire in a connector with a black wire...

Its a 2 wire black plastic connector with a black and grey wire....should i remove the grey wire here? what will it do.

How do i correctly time the accel pump? i get a bog when i go from idle to wot quickly

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.