James Stewart to yamaha

71 replies to this topic
  • Ga450owner

Posted October 06, 2008 - 05:59 AM

Yeah, he looks thoroughly disgusted with it, doesn't he?

:lame: :bonk: :lol:

• INJURY_69

Posted October 06, 2008 - 09:27 AM

That was a sick vid. It's gonna be fun getting used to the new look.

• rickallen124

Posted October 06, 2008 - 11:26 AM

Heath Voss lives 20 minutes away from my house, and a couple of my riding buddies are riding partners with him. He said he hated the Yamaha, not because of the way it handled or turned or the motor, but because of the weird problems he would have....

He had i just up and lock up on jumps during practice etc....and if you have seen his track, its one of the narliest, unsafe tracks you will ever see.....

I think it's the bike troubles during the week, not the weekend if you catch my drift.

But the bog is so weird to be yamaha specific cause a carb is a carb....so if other bikes dont have it the yamaha shouldn't have it.

Don't think I bag on the bag cause I don't like it....blue all the way for me!

Heath Voss didn't like the yamaha because he was the test rider for new parts. He rode and raced with new works parts for testing. If it passed it got put on Reeds bike otherwise it was thrown away. He was the guinea pig for yamaha's race bike testing which probably wasn't what he wanted.

• rickallen124

Posted October 06, 2008 - 11:28 AM

Stewart looked awefully good for such little time on the bike. Next year is going to be awesome.

• DPW

Posted October 06, 2008 - 03:50 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://www.vitalmx.com/

• aggiemoto99

Posted October 06, 2008 - 04:24 PM

Heath Voss didn't like the yamaha because he was the test rider for new parts. He rode and raced with new works parts for testing. If it passed it got put on Reeds bike otherwise it was thrown away. He was the guinea pig for yamaha's race bike testing which probably wasn't what he wanted.

I guess you know better than me, but all my buddies who rode there said he just had the weirdest crap happen at home to his bike.

This year in the outdoors, the factory yami and josh hill seemed to break....mostly clutch specific, at freestone I watched him cruise by left hand off the bars, crowd boooing cause they thought he was giving up, and he gassed it and clearly the clutch was toast.

Seemed it happened again at southwick and I think one other race too...It's so weird because I feel yamaha makes the most reliable stock bike, but their race bike......sheesh! Especially the factory yamaha 250f! It couldnt finish a race with josh hill.

Anyways, bubba looks sweet, I think this year is shaping up to be awesome!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • rickallen124

Posted October 06, 2008 - 08:51 PM

Your friends are probably right. I just had a person tell me that Heath had the choice to re-sign with yamaha but he didn't want to be the person that was testing all of the prototype parts and be breaking down all of the time so he decided to go solo. Yamaha has had some issues this year, not sure why as Langston didn't have any problems last year and Chad didn't this year-I consider daytona rider error/abuse . I think on the 250f they are trying to match pro-circuit's hp and that is causing some reliability issues. Heck even pro-circuit has mechanical failures every now and then. I still can't wait to see Stewart race that bike

• aggiemoto99

Posted October 06, 2008 - 09:10 PM

Complete agreement on watching him race!

I will say that the guy I rode with yesterday (local pro) said he got the chance to ride Heath's bike once and it was unreal compared to his. He said that even though he has his suspension done by a very big company (he has had them all actually) that on the supercross track it was terrible....and soft (to be expected....he has an mx set up)

He said there was this double he absolutely could no clear out of a tight corner on his bike, heath said here try mine, and he overjumped first try

also said that the suspension was like going from a plywood floor to a lazy boy! So clearly the yamaha was a great bike....but I bet your parts testing theory is solid why he had so many failures.

• adamdf

Posted October 07, 2008 - 04:34 AM

I guess you know better than me, but all my buddies who rode there said he just had the weirdest crap happen at home to his bike.

This year in the outdoors, the factory yami and josh hill seemed to break....mostly clutch specific, at freestone I watched him cruise by left hand off the bars, crowd boooing cause they thought he was giving up, and he gassed it and clearly the clutch was toast.

Seemed it happened again at southwick and I think one other race too...It's so weird because I feel yamaha makes the most reliable stock bike, but their race bike......sheesh! Especially the factory yamaha 250f! It couldnt finish a race with josh hill.

Anyways, bubba looks sweet, I think this year is shaping up to be awesome!

Ahhhhhhhh, wasn't Heath Voss riding one of the older yamis? AKA, the war tanks? The new bikes are so different they cannot even be compared in my opinion.

• tenpaq

Posted October 07, 2008 - 09:20 AM

Go Bubba!!:lol: He and Malcom often ride at our local track in Bithlo and when they show it is always a show!!:lame: :bonk:

• lluks252

Posted October 10, 2008 - 09:30 PM

I think he means who says Stewart is joining Yamaha.
I haven't seen anything on the websites :D

Ummm...apparently you don't follow MX very well

http://www.racerxonl...-SX-Yamaha.aspx

• lluks252

Posted October 10, 2008 - 09:40 PM

Go Bubba!!:ride: He and Malcom often ride at our local track in Bithlo and when they show it is always a show!!:worthy: :ride:

you lucky dog you!!:D

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.