James Stewart to yamaha

71 replies to this topic
  • nori41

Posted September 05, 2008 - 04:19 AM

I think he means who says Stewart is joining Yamaha.
I haven't seen anything on the websites :thumbsup:

• Ga450owner

Posted September 05, 2008 - 04:25 AM

I think it will be grand to see Bubba in Blue...even if only for SX. I hope Yamaha is ready with some power for him, he demands a engine that no one else can handle. I hope they give him what he needs to roost the crap out of Chad and RV...

What is this about Chad already fired from Suzuki? .... it would not surprise me as he is a pre-madonna.

You will not see many jumping on SX only contracts after this year as the $$$ ain't there anymore.....KW will probably be one that holds out for SX only as he does not care as much about the $$$. At least until it starts running out

• DPW

Posted September 05, 2008 - 05:21 AM

Chad Reed is already fired from suzuki .

No he's not...wrong

• dirtbiker771

Posted September 05, 2008 - 06:28 AM

I think he means who says Stewart is joining Yamaha.
I haven't seen anything on the websites :thumbsup:

Stewart hasn't joined Yamaha, nothing is definate yet. Honda and Yamaha are both in the mix to provide bikes to L&M. Stewart signed with L&M and they don't have a bike sponsor yet. Red Bull Honda will be a strong contendor to get James as well as Yamaha.

This is all speculation as of now, nobody knows anything for sure yet.

• ace402

Posted September 05, 2008 - 07:48 AM

Sorry for the ignorant question but who's L&M ?

• dirtbiker771

Posted September 05, 2008 - 07:57 AM

Sorry for the ignorant question but who's L&M ?

http://sanmanuelracing.com/about.html

L&M Racing, LLC

L&M Racing was a brain storm of Larry Brooks and Mike Kranyak. Larry Brooks has been in the professional motorcycle industry since 1984, first as a racer and then as a Manager starting in 1996. Larry has worked with many of the greatest riders including Jeremy McGrath, Grant Langston, Ryan Hughes, Phil Lawrence, Jimmy Button, Mike Alessi, and Josh Hansen to name a few. Larry’s accomplishments as a Team Manager consist of four (4) Championships, three (3) Supercross Championships and one (1) Outdoor Championship.

Mike Kranyak has also been in the motorcycle industry as a rider and an enthusiast since 1979. Mike makes his living as an owner of an oil company in Bakersfield, California and rides as much as possible every week.

L&M Racing began when Larry and Mike decided to join forces and attempt to have the best race team on the AMA tour. Starting with top athletes Chad Reed and Nathan Ramsey, and having high expectations, they have hired the best personnel in the business.

Dudley Cramond / Technical Advisor
Oscar Wirdeman / Chief Mechanic
Tommy Crawford / In-House Motor Builder
Paul Delauriar / Rider Mechanic
Jared Bahm / Rider Mechanic
Loren Lowry / Transporter Driver
Debra Leonardo / Office Manager

With the type of personnel L&M Racing has acquired, they feel very confident in what the team can bring to its riders. In continuing their efforts to be a world-class race team, L&M Racing has built their own race shop. The race shop will allow the team to be self-sufficient and give them the ability to build and modify all their own race bikes.

• nori41

Posted September 05, 2008 - 08:13 AM

Stewart hasn't joined Yamaha, nothing is definate yet. Honda and Yamaha are both in the mix to provide bikes to L&M. Stewart signed with L&M and they don't have a bike sponsor yet. Red Bull Honda will be a strong contendor to get James as well as Yamaha.

This is all speculation as of now, nobody knows anything for sure yet.

Ok, where did you read Stewart has joined L&M?

• grayracer513

Posted September 05, 2008 - 08:39 AM

MXA, in the current issue on the rack. He has signed with L&M/San Manuel, and Kawasaki apparently made no counter offer whatsoever.

• mxdon1

Posted September 05, 2008 - 09:29 AM

What, Why, When and Where did you here Reed got fired?

• gdbarr1976

Posted September 05, 2008 - 12:17 PM

I have not seen anything saying Stewart is going to L&M or anywhere else. I am sure it will be all over the net as soon as it happens and as of right now it's not. At least I don't see it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted September 05, 2008 - 12:21 PM

I gave you the source. If it's an on the rack magazine, the "news" is a minimum of 90 days old, most likely.

• dirtbiker771

Posted September 06, 2008 - 06:24 AM

It's been on just about every MX website for a while now, definately old news.

The only thing that isn't known, is what the manufacturer providing bikes to L&M is going to be. Red and Blue are battling for the right, apparently.

• Justin89

Posted September 06, 2008 - 08:27 AM

Please be blue...:thumbsup:

• kauwboye

Posted September 06, 2008 - 02:32 PM

Rumor!

• RCannon

Posted September 06, 2008 - 04:46 PM

I gave you the source. If it's an on the rack magazine, the "news" is a minimum of 90 days old, most likely.

I wonder if anything would prevent JBS from signing a separate outdoor deal???? Maybe with Yamaha directly.

• shuehauls

Posted September 06, 2008 - 05:09 PM

On Racerxill.com racerhead a couple of weeks ago,they said if stewart wants to ride the outdoors he will jump over to factory yamaha

• rusty 92

Posted September 06, 2008 - 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty 92
Chad Reed is already fired from suzuki .

No he's not...wrong

according to MXA he is .

• adhkcrf250r

Posted September 14, 2008 - 06:01 PM

where did u hear that reed is already fired from suzuki

• DPW

Posted September 14, 2008 - 08:05 PM

where did u hear that reed is already fired from suzuki

He isn't....

• mxwink509

Posted October 03, 2008 - 10:44 AM

This will end the suspense right here. Watch it! I, unfortunately will be on the way to the airport when it airs. I'll check the site when I get to Cali, though.

http://www.racerxonl...PressConference

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.