James Stewart to yamaha

71 replies to this topic
  • tmaxxman21

Posted September 04, 2008 - 01:13 PM

just informing you guys if you didnt already know. that james stewart signed with yamaha for 2009 and will be riding the Yz450f

what do you guys think about it?

ps. chad reed is now on a suzuki RMZ450 for 2009

• INJURY_69

Posted September 04, 2008 - 01:15 PM

I think it is a match cause both are the best!

• grayracer513

Posted September 04, 2008 - 01:21 PM

It's a Supercross only contract, according to what I've read, so the outdoor season is going to be a little more wide open than before, unless he changes his mind. That part I don't like.

I like it otherwise, though, since it almost certainly means another championship year for Yamaha. The only person capable of stopping Bubba is Bubba, and except for the couple of times where the bike blew up and took him out, it's been that way for quite a while. IMO, he's better outdoors than in a stadium, so I'm not sure why, other than a short work year, he would eschew the OD's. Imagine winning a a moto by over a minute. Now imagine doing it regularly.

• DPW

Posted September 04, 2008 - 01:33 PM

From what I've read he took Reed's place on L&M racing...and not Team Yamaha(yes I know same difference). L&M is only a SX team, a shame in my opinion. I'd like to see James race for L&M indoors and ride outdoors for Team Yamaha.

I bet James will have no problems with cornering on the blue bike!:thumbsup: :worthy:

• Minnesota Jay

Posted September 04, 2008 - 01:51 PM

Imagine winning a a moto by over a minute. Now imagine doing it regularly.

Now imagine you are doing it against the BEST riders in the WORLD.:thumbsup:

• dirtbiker771

Posted September 04, 2008 - 04:37 PM

He hasn't signed with Yamaha, he signed with L&M and they are shopping brands. Honda is wanting him real bad also and with his Red Bull deal, they are very strong contendor.

Who cares what bike he rides anyway. He could ride a Korean bike and win.

• rusty 92

Posted September 04, 2008 - 04:41 PM

Chad Reed is already fired from suzuki .

• Beaz

Posted September 04, 2008 - 04:48 PM

I like it otherwise, though, since it almost certainly means another championship year for Yamaha. [/QUOTE]

You dont think villipoto can beat him?

• rusty 92

Posted September 04, 2008 - 04:53 PM

I think Villopoto has a chance he was insanely fast on the 250f so on a 450 maybe hopefully Bubba will have competition

• WB450

Posted September 04, 2008 - 04:55 PM

[quote name='Beaz']I like it otherwise, though, since it almost cenly means another championship year for Yamaha. [/QUOTE]

You dont think villipoto can beat him?[/QUOTE]

:worthy: Hell no.:thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted September 04, 2008 - 06:23 PM

Uh, no.

• mx614

Posted September 04, 2008 - 06:29 PM

According to whindham supercross only contracs is the way most of the top riders are going to go as soon as they can.Most are forced to race outdoors just to get signed, looks like a trend for sure. You gotta love the good old ama for another pooch screwing, eventually they will kill it all together.

• Justin89

Posted September 04, 2008 - 06:30 PM

My theory is that RV will crash out all the time the first couple seasons on the big bike. Stewart did the samething when he came up to the 450 class...only he was on a 250 smoker :thumbsup: :worthy:

• dirtbiker771

Posted September 04, 2008 - 07:13 PM

[quote name='Beaz']I like it otherwise, though, since it almost certainly means another championship year for Yamaha. [/QUOTE]

You dont think villipoto can beat him?[/QUOTE]

No way, especially his first year. RC had a tough time with Bubba, no way will RV do anything his first year on the big bike.

Nobody will beat Bubba, except Bubba.

• dirtbiker771

Posted September 04, 2008 - 07:14 PM

I say, make Bubba start backwards. Maybe then we will have a race worth watching. It would be fun watching him carve through the pack at least.

• sean3239

Posted September 04, 2008 - 07:35 PM

by the way you ask that question....then the answer is yes, of course he can, will he? now that's a different question.....

• hillclimbguy

Posted September 04, 2008 - 08:52 PM

Where are you guys finding this information?

• grayracer513

Posted September 04, 2008 - 09:02 PM

Which information?

As for SX-only contracts, a lot of people think that Stewart is going to be the last one for a very long time to have the juice/star power to negotiate one.

• husqy360

Posted September 04, 2008 - 11:47 PM

Villopoto will have is chance in a few years, hes still a young guy.
250 is a diffrent world compare to 450.
even to rc and buba it toke a few years, before they got there mojo straight out.

best 2 riders in 1 class will be amazing to watch that for sure.

• Decreasing Dave

Posted September 05, 2008 - 01:56 AM

Nobody will beat Bubba, except Bubba.

It takes a Ninja to kill a Ninja

Dave

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.