Used 2000 WR400 burning oil

1 reply to this topic
  • EricZ

Posted June 13, 2002 - 06:39 PM

Recently I purchased a used 2000 WR400 for what I thought was a good price of $3300. The only problem that I was aware of were slightly leaky fork seals that have since been repaired. Now I've learned that it burns oil. A small amount of blue smoke can be seen for about a minute on cold start. Once it warms up I never see any more smoke. Post purchase diassembly revealed that the previous owner ran stock jetting and WR timing with a FMF power core IV slip-on and no airbox lid while ice riding in the winter in Michigan. Now the bike burns about 1/2 of the oil tank dipstick level between full and add in about 10 miles of trail riding. Any suggestions.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • blue_beast_wins

Posted June 14, 2002 - 02:49 AM

Valve guids/valve stem seals

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.