It's Here!!!

26 replies to this topic

Posted June 14, 2002 - 05:19 AM

Yours is the smartest comment yet. The best thing at this point is to wait and see what kind of bugs are going to surface before running out to get the checkbook. I am still very satisfied with my bike. My only concern with the newest features is the Automatic Compression Release...MXTuner and I were discussing it this morning. How are you going to clear your 450 when it floods? I guess your going to have to go back to the old two stroke ways and turn the fuel off, crack the throttle all the way open and just burn the starter up waiting for it to clear....Then kick it...No Thanks. But the automatic release is the only way to make the starter a reality. With as many ingenius folks as we have here and on the YZ forum I'm sure that many fixes and work arounds will be fourthcoming.

This will be interesting reading...

Bonzai :)

• Dodger

Posted June 14, 2002 - 05:42 AM

Does anyone have a '03 seat/tank combo they aren't using and would like to sell, cheap :) .......

...oh, and will it fit an '01??........

Dodger :D :D

• Zerbabilon

Posted June 14, 2002 - 07:55 AM

So whens it gonna be on showroom floors?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Dodger

Posted June 14, 2002 - 08:39 AM

Dodger :) :D

• Tim_in_WA

Posted June 14, 2002 - 08:41 AM

I think I read that they'll be available December '02.

• GPS Dual Sport

Posted June 14, 2002 - 09:41 PM

What happened to the grab hole in the side plates? That is a great feature for lifting the bike out of the freaking mud hole :)
The real question is does it meet CA emissions and get a green sticker?

• Zerbabilon

Posted June 14, 2002 - 05:07 PM

Originally posted by zaknavage:
What happened to the grab hole in the side plates?

Looks like its still there. Now its squared off.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.