Difference between canadian and US wr450?

4 replies to this topic
  • Extreme_Diesel

Posted December 29, 2002 - 08:31 PM

I'm thinking of going for a wr450 from shippingmasters.com. They only deal in canadian bikes though. What are the differences in a canadian wr450? Anything significant? Thanks much.
Chris

• Jim_Patterson

Posted December 30, 2002 - 02:50 AM

My friend has a WR426 from Canada and I had a American WR426. His didn't have as much antipollution stuff on it. His muffler is sealed, but IMO it had more power than the US version unpluged. You should ask about delivery dates. I have talked with dealers in Windsor Ontario, and they feel the will get their bikes in March or later.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • thumperjp

Posted December 30, 2002 - 04:24 AM

The difference is big.
The WR selled in Canada is same as selled in Europe cause of racing regulation. not same as selled in US!!!
Canadian WR is observed FIM rule.
European WR has no spark arrestor and throttle stopper and gray wire etc.... They are another bikes.
If you inport Canadian model into California,
you won't be able to register to DMV in the United States.
You might think well.

• Jim_Patterson

Posted December 30, 2002 - 09:20 AM

The big difference is in the muffler. It doesn't have "forestry approved spark arrestor" stamped on the muffler, though some say there is a spark arrestor inside the muffler. With the money you'd save you could buy a different muffler and have lots of money left over. Regarding the throttle stop, and grey wire, those are simple fixes most yamaha owners do on their own. Since your location says Salt Lake City (Great Skiing!) I assume you don't plan to ride it in California. If thats the case you should check your local rules to see if with a canadian model you can trail ride all seasons, and can get titled for on road use if you want to, after adding your states required street riding items. The odometer also reads in Kilometers.

• live_to_ride

Posted January 05, 2003 - 03:45 PM

Any more info? Is it worth saving 700? :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.