Ownage

I just replaced a few things on my 02 WR426 and took it for a ride yesterday, and all I have to say is I have the best bike in the world! :busted:

I put in the 03 YZ exhaust cam so I could get auto-decompression and remove the compression lever.

I added a Dr.D Hotstart lever as well.

And I replaced the stock exhaust system with a complete FMF system - Power Core 4 silencer and Power Bomb header.

I couldn't be happier. ? There's a noticeable increase in snap from the bottom end as well as in the higher RPM's, and the power just delivers quicker all around.

The auto-decompression is taking a little getting used to...with the old setup (the decomp lever) there was a little trick to starting the bike. That trick doesn't seem to work anymore, but just kicking it hard like a 2 smoker doesn't seem to work either. I'm trying to discover the new trick, but on the whole it definitely starts WAY easier. I did a couple dead engine hare and hound style starts with my brother and beat 'em every time (he has a magic button even). :worthy:

The hotstart lever is a must. I still have an issue stalling it out occasionally and the hotstart lever has saved me a TON of time.

I'm extremely pleased, and can't wait for my next race. I'll report on it - and I expect a top 10! Now all I need is a new subframe.

The auto-decompression is taking a little getting used to...with the old setup (the decomp lever) there was a little trick to starting the bike. That trick doesn't seem to work anymore, but just kicking it hard like a 2 smoker doesn't seem to work either. I'm trying to discover the new trick, but on the whole it definitely starts WAY easier.

I have an auto-decomp cam in my 426 and I find the easiest way to start it is always make sure your kicking from the compression stroke, ie push the kickstarter through until you get significant resistance (as you would with manual decompression), then give it a strong full kick. My bike usually starts in 1 or 2 kicks using this method, whereas if I just try kicking like a smoker I could be there all day.

I have an auto-decomp cam in my 426 and I find the easiest way to start it is always make sure your kicking from the compression stroke, ie push the kickstarter through until you get significant resistance (as you would with manual decompression), then give it a strong full kick. My bike usually starts in 1 or 2 kicks using this method, whereas if I just try kicking like a smoker I could be there all day.

Ditto!!