Boiled over!!!!!

27 replies to this topic
  • beezer

Posted September 04, 2008 - 06:12 AM

[QUOTbut im fortunate enough to have a career where i can afford my toys.E][/QUOTE]

At 21 you have a job, not a career. A career means you can pay for a house, cars and kids and have a few bucks left over for a dirtbike and cheap beer. A job only lets you buy a bike if you live at home with mommy and daddy.

Engine Ice will help but not stop boiling over. If it's hot out and you get into some tight terrain it will still boil. This can be avoided by not riding with people who suck. Riding with people who suck means you spend alot of time waiting for them to pick their bikes up off the ground.

• Himsa123

Posted September 04, 2008 - 07:46 AM

[At 21 you have a job, not a career. A career means you can pay for a house, cars and kids and have a few bucks left over for a dirtbike and cheap beer. A job only lets you buy a bike if you live at home with mommy and daddy.

Engine Ice will help but not stop boiling over. If it's hot out and you get into some tight terrain it will still boil. This can be avoided by not riding with people who suck. Riding with people who suck means you spend alot of time waiting for them to pick their bikes up off the ground.

Yea a house, truck, and three bikes, while contributing to 401k id have to say that might be a career but correct me if im wrong. Anyways im done arguing with you, thanks for taking the time informing me though im just trying to get a headstart on what to look for before I start on it this weekend. :thumbsup:

• KennyMc

Posted September 04, 2008 - 07:55 AM

Yea a house, truck, and three bikes, while contributing to 401k id have to say that might be a career but correct me if im wrong. Anyways im done arguing with you, thanks for taking the time informing me though im just trying to get a headstart on what to look for before I start on it this weekend. :thumbsup:

+1 for you. F'm. Why people need to get to the personal side on here is beyond me.:busted:

Drain the coolant, flush the system and filler up.:worthy: :blah:

• Charles De Mar

Posted September 04, 2008 - 08:09 AM

Beezer is really just a softy. Just ignore his intronet bully schtick. It's not like he's Hitler or anything. you just have to get to know him

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Himsa123

Posted September 04, 2008 - 02:04 PM

+1 for you. F'm. Why people need to get to the personal side on here is beyond me.:worthy:

Drain the coolant, flush the system and filler up.:thumbsup: :busted:

Thanks, i appreciate that and idk why either.

I dug up the Yamaha service manual today and found out that book has more info in it than I thought it would. Another question for you guys, how often do you replace the oil filter when changing oil? Everytime, every other time, every 3rd time, etc.? Thanks again:thumbsup:

• KennyMc

Posted September 04, 2008 - 02:15 PM

Thanks, i appreciate that and idk why either.

I dug up the Yamaha service manual today and found out that book has more info in it than I thought it would. Another question for you guys, how often do you replace the oil filter when changing oil? Everytime, every other time, every 3rd time, etc.? Thanks again:thumbsup:

I change mine every time. I buy them 4-5 at a time on-line. Cheap insurance.

• beezer

Posted September 04, 2008 - 06:49 PM

The oil filter is the window to the engines soul. I would at least check it.

If it's clean I throw it back in.

If it isn't you know something is wrong.

BTW I got Himsa to read a book.

• KennyMc

Posted September 04, 2008 - 08:12 PM

The oil filter is the window to the engines soul. I would at least check it.

If it's clean I throw it back in.

If it isn't you know something is wrong.

BTW I got Himsa to read a book.

:worthy: :thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.