Howdy to all. Gray wire question (I know)

7 replies to this topic
  • flyer05

Posted September 02, 2008 - 09:41 AM

Got a 2000 WR400. Gray wire mod is as far as I can tell is not done. Now my service manual and the bike shows only one gray wire and it is the one from the kill switch. Is that the one I want ? I did the search and a bunch of reading but recall reading in one post that I need the other gray wire. But there is no other gray one ???:thumbsup:
I guess I will try and see what happens.

• SJMC_DON

Posted September 02, 2008 - 10:12 AM

Got a 2000 WR400. Gray wire mod is as far as I can tell is not done. Now my service manual and the bike shows only one gray wire and it is the one from the kill switch. Is that the one I want ? I did the search and a bunch of reading but recall reading in one post that I need the other gray wire. But there is no other gray one ???:thumbsup:
I guess I will try and see what happens.

Is it a Canadian Bike? If so, you will not find a grey wire.

• flyer05

Posted September 02, 2008 - 01:41 PM

Don't think so but I am not sure. I guess I should get a carfax on it.

• SJMC_DON

Posted September 02, 2008 - 03:18 PM

There will be a sticker on the front of the frame (steering stem) that will have a maple leaf on it and something about canada... atleast my canadian WR's had that on it

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • flyer05

Posted September 02, 2008 - 03:54 PM

No maple leaves on the fork ? I disconnected the gray from the kill switch loom and it ran fine. I got to open it up and see if there is a difference. Just wondering because all the pics i have seen, the gray wire is not on the kill switch loom. However it is still just a ground.

• Alternative

Posted September 03, 2008 - 02:38 AM

Yeah you've got the right one. On the earlier WRs (<2002) the grey wire was in the kill switch plug.

• fix

Posted September 03, 2008 - 04:28 AM

I've got a 2001 WR400 import to the UK (the speedo is in kilometres not miles) which i assume will be originally from Japan.

Does anyone know if there will be a grey wire to cut on that? And what does cutting it actually do?

• flyer05

Posted September 03, 2008 - 05:48 AM

I belief this was/is a US issue only. Hence the Canadian response to my question.
Thanks, alternative. I thought I was just going color blind.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.