Got the 426 out!

13 replies to this topic
  • M0SSLAGER

Posted September 02, 2008 - 06:44 AM

Well I finally got my "new to me" 01 426 out over the Labor Day weekend. I headed out to Stoddard Wells near Barstow, Ca. for a few days. I picked this bike up from a friend who got a new KTM and needed the room in the garage. The bike was a 7.5 out of 10 I would say. I stopped by Chaparral on the way home from getting it and got all new plastics, oil, filter, PJ1 touch up for the frame, new plug and a new Twin Air filter. I think I now have this starting method down and all went pretty well. All I can say is for a 7 year old bike this thing has a lot of life left. The power is awesome. I love how a quick snap of the throttle in front of a small dirt mound with some preload will launch you up quite easily. I switched back and forth with my friends YZ250 pinger and the torque difference was amazing.... 2 totally different machines. I got this bike for $1500 and spent another $150 in plastics and fluids, filters to get it fresh for the season and I feel like I did well on the deal. For those who have owned the 426... what should I look out for?

• PolskaSax

Posted September 02, 2008 - 07:54 AM

are you serious

• jmodc919

Posted September 02, 2008 - 10:38 AM

Well I finally got my "new to me" 01 426 out over the Labor Day weekend. I headed out to Stoddard Wells near Barstow, Ca. for a few days. I picked this bike up from a friend who got a new KTM and needed the room in the garage. The bike was a 7.5 out of 10 I would say. I stopped by Chaparral on the way home from getting it and got all new plastics, oil, filter, PJ1 touch up for the frame, new plug and a new Twin Air filter. I think I now have this starting method down and all went pretty well. All I can say is for a 7 year old bike this thing has a lot of life left. The power is awesome. I love how a quick snap of the throttle in front of a small dirt mound with some preload will launch you up quite easily. I switched back and forth with my friends YZ250 pinger and the torque difference was amazing.... 2 totally different machines. I got this bike for $1500 and spent another $150 in plastics and fluids, filters to get it fresh for the season and I feel like I did well on the deal. For those who have owned the 426... what should I look out for?

funny i just got my new to me 01 426 from original owner with all maintenence log book with dates etc verry well maintained bike i payed 1700 and it came with a desert tank score... i rode it on sunday and i love it....:thumbsup:

• WR250F Captain

Posted September 02, 2008 - 01:46 PM

congrats.

don't go to chaparral, they are a rip off.

stoddard wells is a fun place to ride.

• desert-rat660

Posted September 02, 2008 - 01:56 PM

i was born in Barfstow:(

• bhsballer76

Posted September 02, 2008 - 08:41 PM

i owned a 426 for the past year and just sold it about two weeks ago. It was a great bike with loads of power and really reliable. Here are some pics of it and my new bike...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The NEW to me BIke

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• grayracer513

Posted September 02, 2008 - 08:49 PM

. Here are some pics of it and my new bike...

Again?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WR250F Captain

Posted September 02, 2008 - 08:57 PM

that white bike must be an 03 or if its a wr it could also be a 04

what is that, an extra subframe? i've never seen that before.

never mind. thats a kickstand

so your bike must be an 03 YZF... is it?

i owned a 426 for the past year and just sold it about two weeks ago. It was a great bike with loads of power and really reliable. Here are some pics of it and my new bike...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The NEW to me BIke

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• M0SSLAGER

Posted September 03, 2008 - 06:28 AM

are you serious

Serious about what??

• M0SSLAGER

Posted September 03, 2008 - 06:29 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The NEW to me BIke

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I still dig that 426... congrats to the new owner

• dankman

Posted September 04, 2008 - 02:58 PM

haha...

i too just got a 426...2000 yz426f with the 03-05 450 plastics...
then took it out to stoddard on Labor day...

no long rides, took a few new toys out for shake downs and tuning...

Posted Image

• WR250F Captain

Posted September 04, 2008 - 05:55 PM

haha...

i too just got a 426...2000 yz426f with the 03-05 450 plastics...
then took it out to stoddard on Labor day...

no long rides, took a few new toys out for shake downs and tuning...

Posted Image

nice bike

• M0SSLAGER

Posted September 04, 2008 - 09:04 PM

So do the 03-05 plastics bolt right up? If so then that just opened up some options to new graphics.

• grayracer513

Posted September 04, 2008 - 09:07 PM

No they don't.

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=151436

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.