08 YZ450F - Rear brake lever

8 replies to this topic
  • smithjeb

Posted September 02, 2008 - 06:28 AM

08 YZ450F - Rear brake lever. Ripped mine half off.

Should I buy a fancy Hammerhead one etc [always thought that a +5mm would be nice to try] or just go with a stock piece?

Any other good recommendations? Can't believe how expensive they are.

Thanks.

• KJ790

Posted September 02, 2008 - 06:40 AM

Personally I would buy a stock one from ebay cheap. Then I would buy a brake snake (about $9) to prevent the pedal from being pulled out.

• matts06yzf

Posted September 02, 2008 - 07:19 AM

I gotta get one to I have a hammerhead shifter and love it but havent decided on brake yet:confused:

• Wiz636

Posted September 02, 2008 - 08:09 AM

Ebay is the way to go. There are a million used ones out there that are perfect.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • BDOG510

Posted September 02, 2008 - 11:21 AM

Keepitroosting On Ebay

• zmbi

Posted September 02, 2008 - 11:38 AM

What about the sunline? http://www.btosports.com/p/SUNRBP

That one got the break snake KJ talking about.

• KJ790

Posted September 02, 2008 - 12:03 PM

What about the sunline? http://www.btosports.com/p/SUNRBP

That one got the break snake KJ talking about.

You could go that route, but it is a lot cheaper to get a stock one from ebay and buy a brake snake for a couple bucks.

• zmbi

Posted September 02, 2008 - 12:14 PM

You could go that route, but it is a lot cheaper to get a stock one from ebay and buy a brake snake for a couple bucks.

yep, but for the lazyperson that would be the best solution :thumbsup:

• smithjeb

Posted September 02, 2008 - 01:31 PM

Thanks all. Found a stock one on EBay for $20. I am a cheapskate [since I continually break parts]. Going that route for now with a brake snake. :thumbsup:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.