2009 YZ450F Review

21 replies to this topic
  • Racer808

Posted December 26, 2008 - 12:50 PM

I also have the new 09 YZ450F's and i want more bottom end for hair scrambles and GNCC races. The bike is all stock and i seem to stall the bike a little more then i have on any other bike i have ever had. Any information or ideas for more bottom end and tips anything to help prevent stalling.

A fly wheel weight will help with the stalling, after market exhaust will really wake that bikes motor up. I have the 08 and the pipe REALLY made things exciting.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • olderfaster

Posted February 15, 2009 - 06:09 PM

I just got a new 09 YZ450F.The suspension is spot on for me 6' 180lbs.The power is a bit to mellow.But I've fixed that with a new pipe & a 165 main jet & the needle up one clip.Now she hauls. The traction has sufferd a bit but cares when you can be in a taller gear & can get to the next turn that much quicker.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.