How can i tell my bike is a WR426?

13 replies to this topic
  • fix

Posted September 01, 2008 - 04:06 AM

Hi this is my first post as ive just bought what i think is a WR426

The owner advertised it as a WR426 and swares it is but on the logbook it says WR400,is there a way to tell by looking at the engine etc?

Also the bike is definately an import to the UK as the speedo is in kilometres so im hoping it is a WR426

Can anyone let me know?

Many thanks

• acarter92

Posted September 01, 2008 - 04:07 AM

check the part # on the crankcase

Austin

• fix

Posted September 01, 2008 - 05:08 AM

Thanks for the reply

Do you mean the engine number?

If not which number do you mean and where is it on the casing?

Ive put pics up of the bike in the post where everyone put pictures up of their WR if thats any help by the way

Thanks! :thumbsup:

• Alternative

Posted September 01, 2008 - 05:13 AM

Have a look on the bottom of the cylinder, under where the exhaust comes out I think, and there should be a stamp saying what capacity it is.

• fix

Posted September 01, 2008 - 05:57 AM

Thanks for very much for that ill have a look tonight and see what is printed on the cylinder

• fix

Posted September 02, 2008 - 04:08 AM

Well thankyou for letting me know where the cc size is stamped,the bikes a WR400 i was well dissapointed :thumbsup:

The guy i bought it from has offered to give me some money back but i havent decided whether or not to take the bike back to him

• matt4x4

Posted September 02, 2008 - 05:09 AM

Hey - there's absolutely NOTHING wrong with the 400 - it's just as potent as the 426 - get some money back and enjoy the bike!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • wartsnuff

Posted September 02, 2008 - 06:26 AM

well, what happened ?

how much cash did you get back ? did you keep the bike ?

pics pics ??

cheers
Warts

• fix

Posted September 03, 2008 - 04:04 AM

Fair enough im sure the 400 is fast enough i havent had a go yet! (I need to mot it for the road)

And i got £200 back (400 dollars) so cant complain,thats a big enough reduction from the price of a WR426.

It'll cost me about £150 to get it through the mot so the bike will cost me about £1050 in total including the mot.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• matt4x4

Posted September 03, 2008 - 05:25 AM

haha - nice headlight - I got the same one - right down to teh ACERBIS sticker along the top!!!
you won't be able to use that on the street though (At least not here in Canada) - i put in 2 MR16 bulbs - one 50W spot the other a 50W flood - good lighting.

• doctorchopper

Posted September 03, 2008 - 10:42 AM

£1050 i'd be happy with that, sounds like a bargin to me. Ride it for the year and then sell it on you won't have lost any money at that price. Happy motoring

• fix

Posted September 03, 2008 - 11:51 PM

Yep i don't think i've done bad at £1050 if the mot goes well,but im gonna replace the plastics as some are abit scratched and some of the stickers are peeling abit.

And i think the headlight is e marked so should be ok for an mot,i hope so anyway!

• minty0_10

Posted September 04, 2008 - 06:10 AM

where abouts in the uk are you?

• fix

Posted September 04, 2008 - 08:33 AM

Im in Bradford mate

And unfortunately the headlight wont pass an mot :thumbsup:

But i managed to find an original headlight,backlight,speedo and cable all for £30 delivered

I only needed the headlight but they all came together,though my current speedo is in kilometres so i might switch it to the one off ebay which is in miles.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.