does anyone keep track of there offroad mileage?

10 replies to this topic
  • Burchardi

Posted June 12, 2002 - 05:52 PM

I bought my WR on January 21, 2001, and have written down every time and place I've ridden. All off-road with a lay-off for a seperated shoulder(tried the local track, 3rd time I went I jumped a double and washed out on my landing). My mileage is 2004.5 miles as of today. I rode 30 miles today and it was 102 degrees.

• YZ400Court

Posted June 12, 2002 - 06:28 PM

Where did you ride today? I have not ridden in over 4 months now. I miss the desert. I used to keep a little calender book with the mileage, who and where of my adventures, I think I'll start again.

If you ride in the AZ desert check out AZ Trail Talk

A great bunch of guys and gals that ride the Tanks, Bartlett, MM-11...ect every weekend.

• yamaha.dude

Posted June 12, 2002 - 06:28 PM

How do you estimate the milage if the front wheel is in the air... or have you got one of those trick works rear wheel speedo drives... ?

• Burchardi

Posted June 12, 2002 - 06:42 PM

I rode from my house which is on Happy Valley Road and I-17, to just past the Hwy 74(Carefree Highway) the area is all private and zoned residential and they are building houses out there, but I have to ride and its better than getting caught riding on forest land.

• Tim_in_WA

Posted June 12, 2002 - 07:31 PM

Try installing a bicycle computer. They're small, cheap, and work great for keeping track of mileage (cummulative total as well as trip mileage), speed, etc. I've got just over 1500 miles on my Y2K WR.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • GPS Dual Sport

Posted June 13, 2002 - 04:05 AM

I have a log in Excel with the mileage, location and any maintenance done for all my rides. I usually record the track logs with my GPS too.
When I sold my 98 WR it had just over 7000 miles and gave the log to the new owner.
My 02 WR has 700 miles so far.

Yes I am a geek,

• Dougie

Posted June 13, 2002 - 04:38 AM

I used to keep track in a ride log I would keep. Sort of like a diary. For the first two years I was pretty diligent. Where I rode, conditions, mileage, who I rode with, and some comments on the ride and any mntc performed. But once I converted to the YZ look without the odometer last year, I haven't kept track anymore. I found the log the other day and read through it. I found some pretty funny stories. I wish I would have kept it up.

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted June 13, 2002 - 04:38 AM

Dan, You are no geek!!! That's cool!!! :) DL

• Tony_Miller

Posted June 13, 2002 - 10:55 AM

I have never zeroed the trip meter on my '98 400. It's been rolled 3 times, and is approaching its fourth. That's 80% on Michigan single track.

• BFLee

Posted June 13, 2002 - 11:14 AM

Originally posted by Burchardi:
I bought my WR on January 21, 2001, and have written down every time and place I've ridden. My mileage is 2004.5 miles as of today.

I bought my WR the day before you did, 1/20/2001. I have only half the miles that you do. Last year on Memorial day weekend I crashed down a rocky embankment and was off the bike for about 4 months. And yes, I keep a journal (it's NOT a diary :) ) of all my riding, maintianence and modifications, race results, jetting, suspension, etc...

• Burchardi

Posted June 13, 2002 - 03:34 PM

I did'nt ride after work today, 106 degrees when I got home. Never have boiled over!!!!!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.