IM GOING FOR A LEFT OVER 426 GOT SOME ???'S

4 replies to this topic
  • motorx212

Posted December 29, 2002 - 08:01 AM

HEY GUYS, GOING FOR A 02 WR 426 I JUST WANT TO RESEARCH A LITTLE... ANY MAINTENCE TIPS, ANY PROS OR CONS, SHOULD I SPEND THE EXTRA MONEY AND GO FOR THE WR 450, ANY INFO WOULD BE GOOD... AND ALSO I SEE ALOT OF GUYS ARE GOING FOR THE KTM'S THINK ITS WORTH CHECKING THEM OUT??? THANKS

• brett_h

Posted December 29, 2002 - 10:09 AM

How much can you save on a 426? What are your needs/wants?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SPUTTER

Posted December 29, 2002 - 10:46 AM

There's nothing on the WR450 that excites me except the autodecompression. According to TT'rs there will be an aftermarket cam with the decomp. available early '03. So if you find an 02 at a good savings, go for it, stick the cam in and have fun with the 1000 bucks you may save. The Aussie review talked about the 450 smoothing out the hit of the 426 - I own a 426 and I don't know what they're talking about - mine's smooth and ultra- predictable. As far as reliability - except for my habit of augering in and blowing away the bars, front fenders etc. the bike is totally solid.
Oh, I almost forgot, get a clarke tank and seat combo; about 150.00 - you'll turn easier and your chances of having children will increase.

• thelimey1

Posted December 30, 2002 - 09:15 PM

i have an 02 wr, had 2 rides on it, gotta sell it though. whats it worth. i had all the mods done to it, other than that, its stock, and as new.

• BigDesto

Posted December 31, 2002 - 05:52 AM

I'm thinking of selling mine, where are you located?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.