YZF 450 cylinderhead

4 replies to this topic
  • zmbi

Posted August 31, 2008 - 11:13 AM

A friend of mine broke his cylinderhead this weekend and now hes looking for a place in the u.s that are selling new cylinderheads. Havent found a webshop that are shipping to sweden yet so i search help from TT :thumbsup:.

• grayracer513

Posted August 31, 2008 - 11:23 AM

Yamaha sells new Yamaha cylinder heads, and they're the only ones that do. Check eBay for dealers offering them at a discount, or order one from your local dealer. You might also try placing a want ad in the classified section here at TT (not in this forum), and check the parts for sale ads already placed.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • zmbi

Posted September 02, 2008 - 11:35 AM

Well i could not find anything here on TT, so we called the local yamaha dealer to get the price on everything we had to have for the complete top end rebuild.

The final price: 5 411$ :thumbsup: thats like buying a really good used bike ffs!

And now to the good part, a friend that are in the business can get me a brand new engine without kick starter and shift lever shipped and ready from USA to Sweden for only ~3 000$

God i love the states :worthy:

• desert-rat660

Posted September 02, 2008 - 02:27 PM

how did he break the head? drop a valve?

• arnego2

Posted September 11, 2008 - 03:18 PM

Hello
Sorry to hear that but have you had a look at the Millenium site they offer help I believe but I never tried it as my bike is still ok on the head of the cylinder.

regards
Arnego2

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Supercross

Wilson the Blue Privateer by jetfuel

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  50 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Should I buy this bike? help....... by Numsa Hul

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • 10 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.