WRR vs DR650 Drag Race!!

3 replies to this topic
  • blaster91

Posted 31 August 2008 - 07:53 AM

I know they are not drag race bikes but as the season end(for bikes here) is fast approching I planned a trip to the 1/4 mile track(2h ride to get there) with a few buddies of mine. To watch the cars and even the bike wars.
But the saying "When in Rome" came to mind. I picked up my WRR the same day my buddy got his DR650 and we never raced from a stand still. We swapped rides once.
Looking at the specs:

DR650: 35hp & 362lbs wet= 10.34 lbs per hp
WR250R: 25hp & 300lbs wet= 12 lbs per hp
My WRR mods are all bout adding weight lol HID kit, skid plate and handguards.

But I weigh 154lbs with full gear while my buddy weighs about 220lbs.

I think it will come down to driver cz it should be very close bike wise.
All in all it should be fun.
So you guys think I can take it?

• YamaLink

Posted 31 August 2008 - 08:07 AM

If your reaction time jumps him hard and if you get in a full tuck with quick powershifts and keep the front end down....maybe. But maybe his weight will let his rear tire hook up off the line and you may spin.

If I was racing I'd put my shnutz on the gas gap, rev it til I felt the engine about to implode then dump the clutch and let my feet fly off the back...followed by a quick left turn into the barrier.

Seriously, I dunno, there are so many variables but please, please let us know the results! And good job taking it to a strip!!

• scottmac

Posted 31 August 2008 - 05:40 PM

I agree with Yamalink,

Come off the line like you're riding a 125 2T MX'r - throttle WFO
and the bike in the meat of the powerband.:thumbsup:

• rivercreep

Posted 02 September 2008 - 02:23 PM

It always cracks me up that everyone only looks at H.P. when it comes to vehicles.
I've come off 2 DR650's (a 91 and a 97) for an XT 250. Bought the XT over the WRR only because of my inseam and intended usage. (casual trail riding that wasn't worth spending 2,000 more for a "superior" WRR).
I test drove a WRR that was broken in that a friend has and, where I was impressed with the power it had for a 250 (much better than my XT) I know first hand there's no way it'll touch a DR in a 1/4 mile run.
Throw some whoops in that run and it will beat the DR but, never on a street.
It's not about H.P.......it's about Torque!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

Register Close
If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.