Anyone Know if I can swap my suspension out?

5 replies to this topic
  • 02YZ426

Posted August 30, 2008 - 07:07 PM

I have an 07 YZ450 (which just died) and have a loan of an 06YZ250 for my race this weekend. Will the forks and shock fit? What about my triple clamps? Any info greatly appreciated! Thanks

• grayracer513

Posted August 30, 2008 - 07:13 PM

Even if the forks are otherwise interchangeable, which I believe they are, the spring rates and damping setup from either bike would be wrong on the other.

• 02YZ426

Posted August 30, 2008 - 07:32 PM

Even if the forks are otherwise interchangeable, which I believe they are, the spring rates and damping setup from either bike would be wrong on the other.

Ok, so I shouldn't change them? I rode this 250 today, and compared to my 450 its a little rough edged in the suspension department. I would really feel better with my forks at least, but if its going to have a negative effect then well...

Trouble is practice time is over, no time to play with anything now :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DMC707

Posted August 31, 2008 - 05:42 PM

Ok, so I shouldn't change them? I rode this 250 today, and compared to my 450 its a little rough edged in the suspension department. I would really feel better with my forks at least, but if its going to have a negative effect then well...

Trouble is practice time is over, no time to play with anything now :thumbsup:

The time to hesitate is through --- no time to wallow in the mire

-----obscure classic rock reference

• Two-Six

Posted August 31, 2008 - 05:44 PM

Hey 02YZ426 how did the race go?

• 02YZ426

Posted September 01, 2008 - 07:12 PM

Hey 02YZ426 how did the race go?

Went real good! I swapped out my 450 suspension, wasn't sure if the shock would fit but it did. The bike handled much better my setup than what was on it. All my starts were in the top 3 on the smoker, I went 5-4 pro and 4-3 expert... can't complain, the bike worked great :thumbsup:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.