Do any of you find the stock computer(07/08) useful for enduros at all?

1 reply to this topic
  • mikeythefokker

Posted August 30, 2008 - 11:51 AM

I know that the stock computer on my 07 wr450 is called an enduro computer, but it seems pretty useless when it comes using it for enduros. I know that most people who run a lot of events upgrade to a real enduro computer, but I was wondering if any of you guys manage to get by well enough with the stocker. Thanks.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mvryder

Posted August 30, 2008 - 02:53 PM

Yep I have used it for enduros. It works well in the race mode. The average is not as useful as I had hoped unless you are right on time. I use it in conjunction with a roll chart and a backup wrist watch just in case in hit the wrong button. Get familiar with the different reset button before you head out. A specific enduro computer (3-500$) would be nice but for 4 timekeeping enduros a year this works great for me.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.