Quick ? : What side does the big wheel spacer go on? (front tire)

6 replies to this topic
  • Justin89

Posted August 29, 2008 - 05:21 PM

I made the mistake of letting my brother take my front tire off and he got the wheel spacers mixed up. I too, forgot which way they went. Right now, I have the larger wheel spacer on the left side, oposite from the brake rotor...is that correct? I think it is but I just want to make sure. The front brake works fine but I've heard stories and I would rather loose a little pride:bonk: in asking this question than get it wrong. Any info will help...thanks!:thumbsup: :worthy:

• feirmeoir

Posted August 29, 2008 - 06:24 PM

I made the mistake of letting my brother take my front tire off and he got the wheel spacers mixed up. I too, forgot which way they went. Right now, I have the larger wheel spacer on the left side, oposite from the brake rotor...is that correct? I think it is but I just want to make sure. The front brake works fine but I've heard stories and I would rather loose a little pride:bonk: in asking this question than get it wrong. Any info will help...thanks!:thumbsup: :worthy:

Do you mean the left side the same side as the brake rotor?

http://parts.yamaha-...ifx?d=97089,2,0

• Justin89

Posted August 29, 2008 - 07:21 PM

Well there's two wheel spacers Or one spacer and one collar. Anways, one is larger than the other one. I just want to make sure that I have the correct spacer on the correct side.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted August 29, 2008 - 07:30 PM

The larger, bell shaped spacer goes on the brake side. The straight, cylinder shaped "sleeve" goes on the opposite side.

• feirmeoir

Posted August 29, 2008 - 07:32 PM

Did the picture answer your question?

• Justin89

Posted August 29, 2008 - 08:00 PM

Did the picture answer your question?

I yeah, it did to some degree. Thanks for posting that.:thumbsup:

• travisn

Posted March 05, 2009 - 07:21 PM

never mind...

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.