GPR stabilizer and stock top clamp

9 replies to this topic
  • Drinkn_Buddy

Posted December 28, 2002 - 03:06 PM

Got a question. Just received my GPR stabilizer the other day. for cost reasons, i opted to use the stock upper triple clamp with a set of Tag x5's. Anyway, in the instructions, they say that for the WR you have to grind the backside of the triple clamp until you can move the steering head lock to lock. Fine, did that, the right side is perfect, can see daylight between the clamp and pin. The left side is another thing. I am getting concerned over the amount of material that i am having to remove to get the pin to clear the clamp. Anyone else experience this ???

• blitzer544

Posted December 29, 2002 - 04:44 PM

Just keep grinding. It takes a while, the only material you should be removing is just part of the odometer holder anyway. I hope you love your GPR as much as I love mine :)

• Drinkn_Buddy

Posted December 30, 2002 - 07:00 PM

Yeah, it does take a while, I guess i just got nervous with the amount of material that i had to remove and i really dont like putting a side grinder that close to my bike.
Another question, the GPR unit is great, better than i expected for the price i paid. How often should i have the unit serviced? Once a year, every other year? Will performance degrade and kinda tell me when i need to send it back to Ron????

• blitzer544

Posted January 01, 2003 - 06:34 AM

I'm not sure about servicing the GPR. I have only had mine 3 months. I would check with GPR and see what they recommend.

• Deadeye

Posted January 14, 2003 - 01:12 PM

Who has the best price on a GPR? Straight from GPR?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tad69

Posted January 15, 2003 - 07:58 AM

Try this http://www.steeringstabilizer.com/

• Wicked_Crash

Posted January 15, 2003 - 08:25 AM

GPR is the cheapest and they give Thumper Talk members a discount. Great customer service as well.

http://www.gpr-products.com/

• Deadeye

Posted January 15, 2003 - 03:22 PM

Thanks for the sources. It looks like (without the TT discount) steeringstabilizer.com is $30.00 cheaper on a kit then straight for GPR..........that’s odd.

• jmiakaike

Posted January 15, 2003 - 03:35 PM

i just checked.. the DH1 is $475 at GPR and $495 at steering stab. ..

james

• Deadeye

Posted January 15, 2003 - 06:20 PM

I must be looking at the wrong kit.

Steeringstabilizer Shows:
Stabilizer Kit complete (with DH1 bar clamp) $320.00

GPR Shows
SK2001 Stabilizer Kit, bar and post mount $350.00

Would these work with my stock top clamp?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.