Mod 05 compared to stock 06-09

2 replies to this topic
  • ace402

Posted August 29, 2008 - 12:24 PM

So I keep hearing about how poor it turns and how mellow the 05 YZ450F is compared to the other years.

So here's the question: What would it take to get an 05 to have the same amount if not more power than any of the current model's?

Would a high compression piston alone to it? Or what about a piston exhaust combo?

Also, do you think with the right springs for a given riders weight, a good revalve, and DRD radiator lowering kit, that an 05 could handle as well as one of the new bikes?

I've always wondered how a modified older bike would stack up against a newer stock bike.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • zao

Posted August 29, 2008 - 01:31 PM

I had a completely modded out 05 450. engine was done, pipe, carb mods. I think Engine wise the power was better on this bike then my 08 with a pipe and the carb mods.

• yz007f

Posted August 29, 2008 - 07:06 PM

I really dont think they are even close to the same. They have come so far with suspension and handle with the alum frame etc. That bike feels like a tank to the newer alum frame bikes. The older motors might seem faster but I bet money on the track the new motors would pull better lap times, 100% more use able power. And really why would you need more power out of a 450??? unless your in the top 10 in the AMA your not gonna need more power.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.