wr 450 f top heavy

9 replies to this topic
  • el cubano

Posted August 28, 2008 - 06:31 PM

Help Guys !!!!
How Do I Get Red Of The Top Heavy Feeling On This Bike
It Feels Realy Top Heavy Even After I Lower The Front End By Sliding The Forks Up On The Clamps. What Cen I Do???

• Just_a_trail_rider

Posted August 28, 2008 - 09:34 PM

Its a big heavy bike. It will always feel like one.

Check your rear sag first. That will help

Ride faster and carry a little more momentum. The wr is light as a feather when you are moving. If you are just putting around, then its really heavy.

Go to sears, buy a treadmill and some dumbells. Get stronger.

It only feels heavy because it IS heavy. But its still a great bike.

• dazzabb

Posted August 28, 2008 - 10:06 PM

Help Guys !!!!
How Do I Get Red Of The Top Heavy Feeling On This Bike
It Feels Realy Top Heavy Even After I Lower The Front End By Sliding The Forks Up On The Clamps. What Cen I Do???

As Maurice said, setting the rear sag correctly will help, if that is already "in spec" and you've slid the forks thru the clamps there is not much else can be done.

You can speed up the steering with an e-axle or new triple clamps but there is no way to get rid of that top heavy feel - sorry.

You don't say what year it is but I'm guessing its the steel framed model?

• Ridon

Posted August 29, 2008 - 12:41 AM

There's not much you can do. Changing the stock excaust with a Titanium one will get lighter about 3kg. Also changing the stock handlebars with new will give you less weight. I never fill the gastank full just to be a little be lighter.

• blunko

Posted August 29, 2008 - 02:24 AM

All the main 11 or so manufacturers bikes are all with in a few kilos of each other give or take a couple here and there. If you're struggling, perhaps a 2-stroke would be better for you? Just an idea....

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ash26600

Posted August 29, 2008 - 10:07 PM

bmx are lighter, may a bmx with a lawnmower engine :thumbsup:......

seriously have you rode an old tt600......xr600.......

wrf's are the shit, capable of anything, too heavy: buy a 125 2stroke!

• Thumper_Bloke

Posted August 30, 2008 - 12:14 AM

I was thinking about removing my WR450 battery for the MX track. Would this be noticable? Most of the time i trail ride, but i've been doing the track a couple of times a month.

• Ash26600

Posted August 30, 2008 - 01:41 AM

the newer ktm mx bikes have e-start from what ive read.....i'm sceptical about a small battery making a big difference on a mx track. Weight is most noticable when wrestling a bike out of a mudhole anyway!!!!

Besides, kicking a hot thumper 400 times after you drop it in the middle of an mx track (with kids on 65s buzzing past) blows hard :thumbsup:

• brad the best

Posted August 30, 2008 - 11:12 AM

ride a xr 600 for a while . jeez my last bike was a dr200 , it weighed the same with way less then half the power .

250 two-stroke with a weighted flywheel maybe the way you want to go . or just ride it a lot more , you will get strong .

suspension set up .

• blunko

Posted August 30, 2008 - 11:59 PM

What are you comparing the "top heavyness" of the WR to? I.e, what were you riding previoulsy?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.